need scuba diving community for create new scuba resort in philippine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michelvautier

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
hi gang !
I am Michel, sorry for my english I am fremch man from France who live in Canada Québec since 1995 and my english are not perfect.

I have a project for my half retirement in 2 or 3 years, live with my passion for.... the scuba diving. :) and move to Philippines.
I am doing my business plan and search all information about scuba diving tourism.
I listed some diving spots (puerta galera, bohol, cebu,....), existing centre..... but I did not find list exhaustif about it and I miss a lot of information.

My project :
find a paradise :wink: land in sea border not too far of airport where I able to create a small resort with accomodation for about 20 people divers or not divers (accompanying spouse or husband).
Not luxurious resort, but confortable, funny, philippines typical, with services of restaurant, fill station, rent scuba equipement, boat, diving course,....

Can you help me in my project?
What can you say me about scuba diving in Philippines?

Google 'Anilao' and 'Batangas'. Less than 2 hours from Manila. Still relatively cheap. Market in that area is still under-developed for foreign tourism.

wish I had your problems :)

good luck!

check the legal issues with owning a company in philipinnes as a foreigner..

What Devondiver said, or check southern half of Cebu island where there's a number of potential spots close to the city.

To be honest I'd like to do exactly the same thing, find a decent place in an area where it is needed, and set up a new guest house/dive op, or go as business partner with someone that wants to expand business -

- but when reading up of land ownership regulations, not residing in Philippines, not being partnered with a Filipina - it seems to be a quagmire of risk and uncertainty.

cheers

Thank for your answer.

DevonDiver

Analino is in area that I would see, with may be Tampas island, roblon, and north of mindanao Caragayan de Oro.
Cebu, bohol but more expensive, I saw also for batangas very near of Puerto galera and Manilla.
In fact i will come for some weeks and visiting the area

sonar

Yes, I checked it, some difficulties for to be owner for a foreigner, I am in contact with french and canadian chamber of commerce, And they said me about it and also for some solution.

matt_reed
Thank you matt, I will go for dive in the area

Wantonmien
yes it is true, law for foreigner are very restricted, but some open possibilities exist.

I have some information about possibilities and I have local partner..... my life partner :)

My project :
find a paradise :wink: land in sea border not too far of airport where I able to create a small resort with accomodation for about 20 people divers or not divers (accompanying spouse or husband).
Not luxurious resort, but confortable, funny, philippines typical, with services of restaurant, fill station, rent scuba equipement, boat, diving course,....

Can you help me in my project?

If you are every in Cebu, I can show you what I am building.

I am hoping to do the same with my beach properties some day.

I have 3500+ square meters on the beach in Cebu. I have already started building the main house, guest houses will follow then dive shop.

I think that we are in same idea of concept.
It will a pleasure to meet you when i will come in your area and may be have a partnership in your centre and mine
It will always interesting to offer to our divers lot of possibilities where they have a good services

I think that we are in same idea of concept.
It will a pleasure to meet you when i will come in your area and may be have a partnership in your centre and mine
It will always interesting to offer to our divers lot of possibilities where they have a good services

Ok cool.

Just bring me some Smoked Meat from Schwartz and some poutine from Lafleur la belle province.

We can set up the terrace like Le Saint Sulpice.

The funny thing is I already celebrate Saint Jean Baptiste day !

Tabarnac , Sacrament and Câlice are part of my daily vocabulary !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom