Need some new camstraps * Whats your favorite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
Dive Rite stainless steel - the only way to go! (In my opinion)

Perhaps not the only ... but the best that I have found ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Perhaps not the only ... but the best that I have found ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Same here. Wife and son have Halcyons. I like the DiveRites better.

Bob3:
ScubaPro has dandy straps, fabric under the metal buckle (no tank scratching), but they do need to have the handle tweaked to get it down snug on the webbing or they can grab ahold of things.

Scubapro has redesigned their straps. Both new & old design use the same SS cam. But the new design has a different strap arraingment that requires more plastic things to keep the strap in place. Older design was much simpler and more secure.

BlueDolphin:
Whats your favorite cam strap?

Steel rocks; plastic breaks.

I have Halcyon SS installed on a 1piece steel OMS STA. Very nice.

I have the SP "cinch" straps installed on a 2piece lightweight STA made by
FredTagge. Also very nice.

awap:
Scubapro has redesigned their straps. Both new & old design use the same SS cam. But the new design has a different strap arraingment that requires more plastic things to keep the strap in place. Older design was much simpler and more secure.
I don't like mine (the older ones), which came with my FredT BP. The metal buckle bends too easily, and if not bend down just right, can be an entanglement hazard, IMHO.
(Edit: Opps, DIR forum. Make that, IMO. :wink: )

I like the new SP "clinch" style - I picked up a pair from FredT a while ago and I like them very much.

One more vote cast for DiveRite :)

plus they have the diagram on the buckle for threading the first time (for those of us who needed to learn or happen to forget)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom