Nekton's New itineraries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was on Nekton's website yesterday and noticed that they are going to start doing a USVI and Puerto Rico route with the Rorqual this winter. The schedule has the Rorqual going back to Grand Cayman in the summer of 2008. Can't wait to hear about the USVI itinerary and what the route for that is going to be! Looks like more trips I need to potentially put on my "list". :D

<< The schedule has the Rorqual going back to Grand Cayman in the summer of 2008. >>

Confusion here. I was advised yesterday by telephone that the Rorqual would return to Grand Cayman on April 14/07.

Alex, go to the Nekton website and you can see that in spring 2007 they are in the Caymans, but what DiveMaven is talking about is later in the year when they go over to BVI and return to Caymans after that.

DiveMaven, I noticed the same thing the other day (its what I had mentioned last month as the 'rumor' while I was on the Pilot last June). It sounds very interesting but I don't see any info on their website about it yet, just the itenerary. Hmmmm, maybe a big spashy announcement coming?????

robint

Thanks robint for clarifying, that's exactly what I meant. BTW, great trip report on your Cay Sal trip last year. I used it to convince a friend of ours in joining us on that itinerary this summer. :wink:

Hopefully someone from Nekton will chime in and give us the inside scoop. After our Belize trip on the Pilot, we're more than interested in ANY itinerary that the Nekton does, and plan to do them all eventually, but a USVI itinerary would definitely spark our interest even more! :D

I think this is a good move as people are always wanting to try new locations and the Nekton boats have a dedicated following. This is a good way to keep them coming back.

Alex777Confusion here. I was advised yesterday by telephone that the Rorqual would return to Grand Cayman on April 14/07.[/QUOTE:
========================================

Yep ...cuz we're on the May 26th Caymans Itineray.

DiveMaven:
I was on Nekton's website yesterday and noticed that they are going to start doing a USVI and Puerto Rico route with the Rorqual this winter.

=====================================

Where'd you see that ? Just looked over their site and didn't see any mention of ISVI or Puerto Rico ?????

Footslogger:
DiveMaven:
I was on Nekton's website yesterday and noticed that they are going to start doing a USVI and Puerto Rico route with the Rorqual this winter.

=====================================

Where'd you see that ? Just looked over their site and didn't see any mention of ISVI or Puerto Rico ?????

It's not an "announcement" but on their iteneriary schedule.

http://www.nektoncruises.com/Departures/Schedule.aspx?B=Rorqual look at the end of the year and start of next year.

Check that last post/question. I was looking all over in the narrative but never looked at the actual destinations list itself. I now see where that whole USVI/Eastern Puerto Rico itinerary begins.

So ...who's up for the new itin ??

We are !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom