Nemo Air Pressure Calibration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I'm having trouble with my Nemo Air already for a while and since the Mares dealers were not able to help me, I thought I give it a try and post it on this board.

We are having two Nemo Air computers and one of them keeps having problems with the air pressure calibration. It started with the first battery change, when suddenly the device showed about 20 bar with nothing connected, but only on the first screen after startup. We checked it frequently with bottle connected and between 30 and 200 bar it always shows an offset of 20 bars, when compared to the other computer. It is always the very same offset as shown on the first screen. The precise value also changes with each battery change and keeps constant until the next change. Hence, I expect something during the calibration after the battery change to go wrong.

The last dealer who changed my battery told me he contacted Mares twice and only got the suggestion to update the software, which did not solve the problem.

Since we already had a problem with the other computer right from the start (which is now fine), the device had to be sent to Mares twice until it was repaired which took 6 months altogether. We are not very motivated to try this again.

I'm somehow torn between using the Nemo Air with adjusted alarm levels and throwing it away to replace it with a device from a manufacturer with better support. It's just a pity to throw a computer away after 40 dives. In the end, I did not even find a mail address to contact Mares Support directly and each battery change is 50 CHF here. So 10 tries and I already spent the money for a new device.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom