Net benefits and true cost of owning a compressor.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use a flowmeter. You know what your compressor puts out and you can get the O2% very close from the start with the flowmeter.

I agree with that and I do that. the problem is that you have a filter system that is not at the same fo2 that you are trying to make. there is a lag time to get the filter contents the same fo2. I have to just vent the filter down and start over Other wise I have to make the O2 bleed very high to speed up the equalization in the filters. I don't care for pumping 60+% O2 For me its too much trouble so I just PP blend and perhaps alter a little with CB.. Once again if I were to blend a lot of say 32 I would do just as you say and i would have no problems. Its the pumping 32 then air for other fills and back that is the problem in getting accurate final fills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom