new airline restrictions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
No Tampons?
who told you this? where is this written?

Yes, you can take them but they have to be out of the box.

What about disposable contacts, they are stored in a tiny bit of liquid?

yea, it took me about ten minutes to figure this out.

Imagine barrettes that open like compacts, pens with make-up inside, etc. I am going to predict a whole line of items meant to smuggle everyday liquids in small amounts. I am very sympathetic, but this will not be enforcable. And the thing is, if terrorists want to sneak in liquids I think it would be very easy. Just something as simple as a bag with a hidden compartment. A hidden compartment on anything.... If this is all they can come up with, we are in trouble here. Minimum wage people perusing everyday items of people in line...won't be effective at all.

Hope they get some brainpower together and come up with a better idea.

What , not even dehydrated water?

:joke:

Ok in aussie we still have carry ons minus liquids which means no drinks to no make up.

If you fly in or out of the UK at the moment you dont have carry ons except a plastic bag with essentials eg travel docs and medicine and no liquids for contacts therefore wear the live in ones and no problems or your glasses. You have tampons in the plastic bag but not in a box.

The security checks take longer and most flights for tomorrow have been cancelled out of Heathrow.

The no carry on rule is basically only flights into and out of the Uk with everyone else so far allowing carry ons but not liquds.

Oh if your flying to Australia or flights within the country remember a carry on is one bag back pack size and they do measure bags if they think there to large but there normally pretty good if you tell them it is computers/regs. ANd if you use an Australian carrier like Qantas the one bag rule applies if you fly overseas as well.

I have no doubt this will calm down in a month or so, for the time being we need to grin and bear it and go on with out lives.

Diver Dennis:
Yes, you can take them but they have to be out of the box.
In reference to tampons--maybe in the UK but not in the US. This is not a prohibited item within the US.
I just flew home today and this is the latest list from TSA. Lipstick yes--mascara no. The whole thing is a typical overeaction and blanket rules because TSA screeners are amateurs and it's easier to say ban everything than it is to take the time to retrain them at this point.

Make Up and Personal Items

Body creams and lotions
Bubble baths
Bubble bath balls (gels)
Eye drops / gels
Gel caps
Gel deodorants
Hair detangler
Hair sprays / aerosol bottles
Hair styling gels
Hand sanitizers
Lip gels (Carmex in tubes, etc)
Lip glosses/liquids (solid lip glosses and blushes are allowed)
Liquid foundations
Liquid medications (non-essential)
Liquid Soaps
Make up removers / facial cleansers
Mascaras
Mosquito sprays
Mouthwashes
Nail polish and removers
Neosporin like cremes
Ointments
Perfumes / colognes
Saline Solutions
Shampoos and conditioners
Shaving creams and gels
Toothpastes
Topical creams
Foods and Drinks

All beverages (excluding formula/breast milk)
Camelbaks and similar backpacks must be empty
Gel based sports supplements
Jellos
Puddings
Yogurts (or gel like substances)

Other Items

Baby teethers (with gel or liquid inside)
Children’s toys with gel inside
Gel candles
Gel shoe inserts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom