New, and Nervous!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

congratulations and good luck ! You aren't alone in your excitement or in being nervous! Everyone on here was at one time, and I'd be willing to bet that at times they still get a little of both! Have fun

It's been a couple of days since your post...how did you do??

Thank you all for your awesome encouraging posts!! I've been as close to living underwater as I could be the last three days (well, okay, about 12 hours total water time), and LOVE scuba diving so far!!!! It feels surprisingly natural to breath under water, which I totally didn't expect. I'm definitely still figuring out the finer points of fin-usage though, hehe. They just feel so huge!! (I also tend to drift off when I don't mean to :) ScubaSimmy, you were completely right about the LDS gear...I have bruised feet, and a mask that gets a little TOO attached to me...but over all I'm just as excited as ever. Now I just have to survive my first open water dive next weekend! EEP!!

Sounds like it went well. Congrats! My LDS had me buy my own mask, fins and snorkel before starting classes. For the mask at least, I found one that fits very well, so at least I wasn't fightning that the whole class...but if you felt like it was TOO attached, you may need to equalize it...or just loosen the strap :)

Congratulations on your big step Anya! You are off on the adventure of a life time. After over 40 years of diving, I still can't get enough.
This is a fantastic site with all the experience and advice you would ever want to tap into.
Keep in touch and let us know all your adventures.
Dive Safe,
George
PADI MSDT 33859
Prime Scuba

Congratulations! I recently graduated from Open Water basic diving course under NAUI. I am getting my certification card tomorrow! Basically you are just following my and other divers' footsteps! Welcome to Scuba Diving.

you already did the hardest part, signing up. now, just kick back and enjoy the ride! scuba will open a whole new door to you in life. it sounds kliche... but it it true: you will meet people, go places and do things thanks to scuba.

miss scuba I seen your write up in Scuba Diver Mag very cool. You need to post a thread about you getting more women involved in our sport. It's very good coming from a woman that reached the top of her profession.

You need to talk to net doc and have him put up Course Director instead of new member. This way you might help a few women wanting to ask you questions.

And it's very cool following your love as you did ... thank goodness for the wall coming down ... so ms Szilvia Gogh again welcome to the board!

Back
Top Bottom