new Atomic mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried these on at BTS a couple weeks ago and definitely did not fit my more narrow face. They did say they were developing a smaller version, but several months before it comes out. Great optics though - I was very disappointed.

Tried the X-Vision Mid a couple days ago and loved the fit... but doesn't come with a black skirt. Luv, if you also have a Cressi dealer near you, you might try their Lince model as well. Those two are the best fitting I've found. I preferred the X-Vision Mid's sight line, but because of the black skirt, went with the Lince.

We have a frameless and subframe mask. Every mask I have worn in the past has leaked....the frameless mask does not. So I use the frameless and my girlfriend uses the subframe. As an experiment I took my Mares x-vision mask down to 10 meters with my Atomic and compared. Wow....there is a definate difference, not only with the colors/vision but also in the amount of effort needed to clear the water from the mask.

Reading all these postive reports has got me "Jonesen" for the mask.

I read a write up in latest issue of Scuba Diving that said these masks are foldable. Has any of you tried that yet??

I tried them on at the dive show in NJ. I thought they were great! I preferred the frameless model. VERY comfortable. Can't wait to try one in the water. My next choice is a Tilos Boom.

Got my frameless today! I can't wait to try it out at Ginnie Springs this weekend. It sure does feel comfortable!

BurBunny:
Luv, if you also have a Cressi dealer near you, you might try their Lince model as well. Those two are the best fitting I've found. I preferred the X-Vision Mid's sight line, but because of the black skirt, went with the Lince.

Thanks for that info, Bunny. I hear what you're saying, so I went ahead and ordered the X-Vision Mid from Scubatoys.com (black skirt is not an important factor for me at this stage). I just can't seem to find the time to get down to the dive shop that stocks them...kids and stuff, you know.

DynaMike - Never got to try the Atomic, but I'll bet if it didn't fit BurBunny's face it probably won't fit your girlfriend's either. That's my line of thinking anyway and why I ended up ordering the X-Vision Mid online.

To answer a few of your questions about our new Atomic Masks:

Clean them the way you would any other mask, really good w/ toothpaste, and hit it with the defog before your first dive. If it is fogging still, clean it again and you shouldn't have a problem
As far as smaller faces go,try the frameless it is a little tighter fit and yes in the future, shoud be sooner than later, there is a possibility of a smaller version.

The frameless folds down to practically nothing- it really does and the case it comes in is small and compact, you can fit it in a BC pocket easy.

You can email me at darcy@atomicaquatics.com with specific questions or if you need assistance finding a dealer in your area.
Cheers,
Darcy

I recently acquired a 3 window Tilos mask (M580) that fits my narrow face really well. I've only used the mask that I bought prior to certification and it has always had a slight leak. I just thought that was normal but this one doesn't leak at all. Nada. Plus it has greatly enhanced periforal vision. I got it at Scubatoys, which is one of the LDS' here in Dallas. You might give them a call. You can check it out here:

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Scuba_Masks.asp?PAGE=4

I tried one of the Atomic 2 window jobs when I was in there last week. It looks really well made but didn't fit me very well. It didn't pass the strapless stick to your face test when I tried it. The Tilos passed with flying colors.

LuvDaOcean:
I hope somebody can answer this question for you, but if not, I'm going to be going to my not-so-local dive shop this weekend or beginning of next week to check one out.

I'm female and have a small face and haven't been able to find a mask that fits me without leaking. Some have leaked really badly, others a bit less, but I've never had one that didn't leak at all or had just a the normal slight leak.

I'm going to be looking at the Mares X-Vision Mid as well, but am really hoping that the Atomic will fit.

If nobody gets back to you about the Atomic before I get down to the dive shop, I'll get back to you here and let you know how it worked out for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom