New Bare SB System Drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joining edges together is not the same as joining surfaces together.

Sure it is...when your talking about drysuits. The reason I can say that is because something has to seal the sewing job so water doesn't penetrate. On this suit, there is a finishing tape (joining surfaces) that keeps the water from coming thru the seams (joining edges). Whatever this tape is, should also be able to seal the water from the stitching that holds the seams together.... stitch in a pocket, and use the tape to seal it up.

So if the tape can prevent the water from coming thru the stitched seams of the suit, obviously the suit can be stitched and kept dry with the tape. Why can't you then stitch on a pocket, and use the same tape to seal up the stitching? :idk:

The reason I say it is the same in drysuits is you have something joining two surfaces together...the tape. So in ALL drysuits, joining edges and joining surfaces is the same thing. If you want it dry, you have to have something joining the surfaces...this example, the finishing/sealing tape. You can't just join edges without joining the surfaces....and have it be dry :wink:

I assume there is more to it than this...but can't logically think of what it is. I have an email to my rep to try and figure it out.

When I called Bare about the pockets about a month ago, I was told thay one of the isses was making the pockets streachy and breathable as well. What??? Who cares if the pockets are breathable? My SMB ain't gonna get sweaty.

And Scubapro has a pair of streachy pocket shorts that work great.

I don't get what the problem really is. I was really excited about this suit, but no pockets and no p-valve is definitely a deal breaker. Now if they came with breathable and stretchy diapers...

I have my suit now (still waiting for the underwear which may be another two weeks still).

Yay! Doing a drysuit course in the pool next week.

The Bare folks confirmed to my husband this week that they do not feel one can install a p-valve on this suit. It caused him to cancel his order.

I saw one of these up close on Billy from Seven Seas at the Tacoma show (I mugged him when I saw him walking down the isle in his).

Yes. Want one! The material gives unparalleled movement. Of course there are often trade-offs, so I'm curious about longevity under brutal use/abuse. But I have a White's Fusion and people say how "delicate" it is -- I don't so much as have a pull in the outer skin. (The seals are shot but that's another story.)

I'm going Bare here in a few months. Can't quite decide. But I'm leaning toward the SB. Two guys in our shop have two other Bare models, so I think I'll be the guinea pig.

Amy

I just ordered one on April 21 They said I will get the suit in early june. The price with the hood and suspenders was 2050 + tax. Ordered from The Diving Center in Saskatoon. The Water up where we go dont get much warmer than 50 F so I cant Wait to try it out

Your right, that's with no underwear I plan to try some of my old stuff first, I don't think there is a very long wait to get them

I don't understand why a pee valve cannot be installed. They've installed an air inlet valve and an exhaust valve. Has anyone from Bare explained why a pee valve is a problem?

Back
Top Bottom