New Bare SB System Drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Instead of doing those strechy suits theyd better setup a good system that can produce custiom suits quickly and cheap then it will resolve the issue

... therein lies the rub. I saw a sign in a shop once:

"Fast, Cheap, Right.
Pick any two".

:wink:

Henrik

We can replace quick with moderate :)

I guess :D

I was thinking about it - I think a drysuit is better compared with athletic equipment, which IMO has greatly improved with stretch added.

Also, stretch would provide the option of going with a "slimmer cut" without compromising mobility. Provided of course, the suit is built on a good pattern.

Henrik

I think I will be purchasing one as I do not want the stiff suits I have owned in the past and yet I am tired of being cold and my now semi-permanent left leg issue does not like being cold and it does not have the strength to kick in the stiff suits. This new suit seems to be the answer, fits more like a mid weight wet suit but is dry and breathable for warmer surface temps.

N

Dive_guruDJ, how are you greasing up the TiZip plastic zipper? I have the same plastic zipper on my Trilam HD.

I could not get any answer from anyone regarding pockets..so I shot off an email directly to Bare this is what they said...They do have one pocket factory installed (see two pics they sent me ). Not what I was looking for.

----[FONT=Consolas, Courier New, Courier]Thank you for your recent inquiry into the BARE brand and our SB DRYSUIT. At this time, we aren't installing any outside pocket on the suit. We have come up with and innovative pocket on the inside (like your Jeans/pants etc). You access it from the outside, so it keeps a low profile. It will be included with every suit at no charge. It is on the left thigh. As for a pocket that will be placed on the outside of the material, we haven't designed one yet. As for attaching an aftermarket pocket, that would be up to you. We won't warranty that pocket or the suit material if someone does add a pocket to the outside, nor do we promise that the pocket they use will even stick.

I am including a picture of the pocket that we are including with the suit. Hopefully it meets your needs. I to dive in Cold water Western Canada, and find the pocket very useful and easy to use. I have put a mask, SL4 light, and slate in this pocket. Very Cool!

[/FONT]

Attachments

• pocket_1.jpg
    pocket_1.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 473
  • pocket_2.jpg
    pocket_2.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 497
Well I have an order in for one. Hope to get it in early April.

I hope Bare fixes their size chart. When it says waist size in inches/cm, they actually mean waist size in US men pants size.

Oh, that thigh pocket is a deal-breaker. Not only is it useless, but it looks as though it would impede putting an after-market pocket on the suit.

I don't think I'm interested anymore. Pockets are a huge deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom