New Batman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencermm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So who saw the new Batman movie and how was it? We live in a one horse town in which it was shown 24 hours and people were still waiting 3 hours to see it.
Spencer

didnt live up to the hype in my opinion. i'm a big fan of the comic and it was no where close to the comic. ledger did play a great joker though, and the movie had its moments. overall it is definately overhyped

I loved it! :thumbs_up: And this is coming from someone who hates 95% of the movies I see. I have to admit that I haven't read any of the Batman comic books, so I didn't have any pre-conceived notions or expectations about the plot. Hype or no hype, you'll have a blast. :popcorn:

Sure beats the hell out of the Batman movies from 15-20 years ago. Joel Schumacher should be beaten severely for almost destroying the franchise. :chair:

I likewise have not read the comic books but I thought the movie was exceptionally good. In fact, it would probably rank in the top 10 action movies of all time imo, right up there with 300, Gladiator and Terminator 2.

Ledger did an excellent job as a Joker too, and another villain was introduced too during this movie, although I won't say who so as to not spoil it for you. Batman Begins was an awesome revival of the Batman movies...The Dark Knight was a confirmation that it wasn't a fluke.

I likewise have not read the comic books but I thought the movie was exceptionally good. In fact, it would probably rank in the top 10 action movies of all time imo, right up there with 300, Gladiator and Terminator 2.

Ledger did an excellent job as a Joker too, and another villain was introduced too during this movie, although I won't say who so as to not spoil it for you. Batman Begins was an awesome revival of the Batman movies...The Dark Knight was a confirmation that it wasn't a fluke.

Well if you really liked 300, Gladiator and Terminator 2, then you and I have similar tastes in action movies. (I would add Man on Fire to that list as a knee jerk.)
I thought Batman Begins was the best Batman, by leagues. I think Batman should, like most of the comics, be dark.
I will definetely go see it, but will give it a week or two to let the lines diminish.
Spencer

Well if you really liked 300, Gladiator and Terminator 2, then you and I have similar tastes in action movies. (I would add Man on Fire to that list as a knee jerk.)
I thought Batman Begins was the best Batman, by leagues. I think Batman should, like most of the comics, be dark.
I will definetely go see it, but will give it a week or two to let the lines diminish.
Spencer

Yeah actually you make a good point, both Man On Fire and Iron Man would definitely be in the top 10 as well. Batman should indeed be dark...as far as that goes, I read an article about The Dark Knight and how it actually is very questionable for it to have a PG-13 rating because it is dark enough that parents are advised to either not bring their kids or sit down and talk with them about the movie after seeing it to make sure they're ok. Any movie to warrant an article like that gets my vote. :p

I liked Batman Begins a lot more but The Dark Knight is pretty good. Very intense and several twists and turns that you don't see coming. I enjoyed the psychological exploration of what makes a person good or evil.

Hubby thought it was alright but trite. He's hard to please and doesn't rate movies based on action scenes. He's always liked Heath Ledger and this movie was no different. Ledger's Joker is truly awesome and it's a real shame that he won't be playing him again. I don't see anyone else capturing that evil the way he did. Oscar material without a doubt.

If you are a fan of Batman and Christian Bale's portrayal then you will probably enjoy it. I think he is the best Batman to date.

I wanted to add that I hope that the director, Nolan, attempts to recreate Robin at some point. The last attempt in 1990 was horrible and that director should be tarred and feathered, imo. But Nolan can make Batman and Robin work I think. There's so much potential there.

Saw the movie over the weekend and thought it was incredible. Bale is excellent as Batman and Ledger is terrific as the joker. They are saying that he is the best villain since Hannibal Lector. Batman Begins and Dark Knight are by far the best Batman movies to date, imo.

Just felt like another Batman vs. Joker movie to me, Begins was nice with Ra's and Scarecrow not being done to death like the Joker.

I think Ledger was way too serious of a Joker anyway.

I dont really understand Nolans attempt to meake Batman more 'realistic' anyway. He's a comic book charactor!.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom