New buddy test... is this a good idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do people come up with these stupid tests?

Really, you touch my gear in such a deliberate fashion and I'm beating the hell out of you. It's not a test, it's being sadistic and you do not belong in the water.

It's like people who turn off air supplies to "test" the other person's reaction. It's childish and has no bearing on diving.

I've had my mask kicked off and at least once per day of diving someone will accidently yank my regulator out of my mouth. Those are accidents because they people are not that skilled. Accidents are forgivable.

Your scenario is like deliberatly rear-ending someone in a car as a test of how the person will react. My reaction to an accidently rear-ending and being deliberately rear-ended will have nothing in common.

I would definitely kick your butt, and especially because you are my friend.

Why have someone suck up water and blow it out their nose for a reaction test? That ain't very nice.

Sounds like a page from the Navy Seal training manual.
But you must do this in deeper water and have another diver
intentionally trying to pull the diver under and drown him.
If this test buddy is a trained Seal, count on having your
*** kicked roally!!!!

Back
Top Bottom