New cheaper Drysuit or Used higher quality suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude:
That USIA suit is nice, but I have to admit to being pretty put off by the company selling it: they pictured a front entry suit for a back entry suit. In other words, they are NOT selling you the suit in the picture. Hmph. Buyer beware.

Kilani...I called them on that and the front entry is a no cost option, they can order it either way at that price. The photo is the same on the USIA website. Man, I am soo ready to try out my suit!! I just have to get some training scheduled!

orangelion03:
Kilani...I called them on that and the front entry is a no cost option, they can order it either way at that price. The photo is the same on the USIA website. Man, I am soo ready to try out my suit!! I just have to get some training scheduled!
Good to know.

If you don't manage to get wet beforehand, a buddy and I are hitting Vets on Saturday 3/31 morning for a skills dive. He's new to bp/w and wants to work on weighting and trim, I'm just going to practice various stuff. If you'd like to join us for some DS pointers you're welcome to come along...

crosing:
Get one that fits well!

THE ONE THAT FITS BETTER! Most important factor EVER in a drysuit. Your happiness/safety depends on it! If they fit equally good then get the one that better suits your style of diving.

If fit is the most important that kinda rules out online retailers and ebay......

The local dive shop sround me tend to be a lttle pricey - Maybe I will head over to Leisure Pro and try out the Bare..... Maybe they can work out a better deal then the online price.

I have more than 80 dives on my Bare Nex-Gen. No complaints. Last dive was on Jan. 3 in 33F water. With the CT 200 undergarment, I was fine. Toes got cold, but I should have worn my fleece socks. I would also recommend the old style Viking glove rings. They are trouble-free and leak-free.

TrojanCatMan:
THE ONE THAT FITS BETTER! Most important factor EVER in a drysuit. Your happiness/safety depends on it! If they fit equally good then get the one that better suits your style of diving.

I disagree just a little. You need both fit and function. If it does one without the other, you won't be happy. If at all possible, try the suits prior to buying. DUI has demo days, some shops have rentals etc.

That said, I just got a great deal on my new Dive Rite suit. Was in Florida last week and demo'd a suit and wanted to try the next size up (medium husky to large). Dive Rite sent one (used) over to try on a couple dives and then offered to sell it to me. At the price they gave and the fact the suit fits better than my custom whites, I couldn't turn it down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom