New computer features you'd like to see

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suppose it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that one day they will create computers that can actually read (rather than estimate by algorithms) the amount of gas dissolved in your tissues.

I suspect I will read about that invention in a nursing home though. I can then spend the rest of day saying "In my day we used tables! Kids these days wouldn't even know what dive tables looked like..."

One day we will have (open circuit) computers with integrated O2 sensors so automatically calculate the mix. I'll look forward to that day.

Several computers have the ability to connect to a 4th cell on CCR to give real time feedback on gas content and calculate tissue loading based on that.

I'd like to see more computers that gave real time depth averaging on the main screen and that give NDR instead of bar graphs for loading.

They already make a computer with everything I want: The Liquivision X1.

To actually answer the question (for me) it would be the Liquivision at the price of a IQ-700.

Agreed. The price is too high for me. So I stick with a digital depth gauge/ bottom timer. All anyone really needs.

I can then spend the rest of day saying "In my day we used tables! Kids these days wouldn't even know what dive tables looked like..."
We already have a dozen members who post this exact rant on a regular basis.:D

Large numbers so I can see them without bifocals in my mask

Games to play during deco!:D

User configurable displays for the dive and the log screens/displays. I would love to toss the fancy little icon for tank pressure in exchange for a larger font on the pressure plus a few other display changes. Just hook the DC to your computer, use the software to adjust the screen displays to your liking and save it back to the DC.

Loud sonar pinger if you stop breathing below 3m. (Limited of course to single cylinder applications - unless they come up with multiple sensors per computer, so that's another feature.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom