New Crew Pack Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... I loan student slates, whistles and smb to my students during training, but I don't force them to buy it by including it in the crew packs.

We do. We want them to have the SMB etc., even if the only time they go diving will be when they do their OW dives during that destination wedding or once a year after that, if ever. That's a good chunk of who we teach.

After reading your two posts I am starting to believe that you don't quite understand the crew packs and what they are used for. The crew pack with the whistle and smb is the Adventures in Diving Crew Pack (AID) which can be purchased for students that are going to take the ADVANCED class.. The AID Crew Pack with the whistle and smb is not for Open Water students. The AID crew pack comes with an Adventures in Diving Manual, not the Open Water Manual, student folder, logbook, etc....

For new Open Water Certifications you can use the Computer based Open Water Crew Pack or the RDP based Crew Pack.. There is not currently an Open Water Crew Pack available that includes an smb and whistle.

My apologies if you knew all of that, but it seems like you were mixing things up. When your instructor uses up his OW RDP crew packs, he won't be switching to the crew pack with whistle and smb, because that's for Advanced certifications, not Open Water certifications.

I thought I was being clear there are 2 crew pack options for each OW and AOW ...
1. OW crew pack there is a choice between eRDPml crew pack OR computer crew pack
2. AOW crew there is a old AOW which has book and advanced slate OR NEW AOW crew pack with SMB and Whistle.

I was trying to get opinions on both OW and AOW options.

Back
Top Bottom