New Dive Shop in PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babydamulag

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just got word that two of our best friends just opened a new dive shop in PG. This is not your run-of-the-mill dive shop either. The details are forthcoming. The name of the place is "The Dive Shop". Okay, so they do not get creativity points but it works. I know the owners personally. They are some of the best in the trade. We have had significant emotional experiences together and these guys are the best! So, next time your are in PG.....go to "The Dive Shop". Tell them that BABYDAMULAG sent you.

Where are they located in PG?

As you face CAPT'N GREGGS (from the water), they are on the left (I think...haven't been there yet). Ask for Ethei. If you are a TECH diver and want to dive with one of the best then Ethei is your man. If you are looking for an instructor to do your DIVEMASTER with then see Ethei. He is one of the most professional instructors you will ever dive/train/work with in the Philippines. Just tell him that I sent you and you are good to go.

Ya think? They bought an existing shop and will provide "better" service. These guys are really good.

Are they Filipinos? If they are I hope that they make it there. Its about time a Filipino shop open in the area. So far all filipino operations in the area have closed.

Pinoy. Great bunch of divers!

Babydamulag:
As you face CAPT'N GREGGS (from the water), they are on the left (I think...haven't been there yet). Ask for Ethei. If you are a TECH diver and want to dive with one of the best then Ethei is your man. If you are looking for an instructor to do your DIVEMASTER with then see Ethei. He is one of the most professional instructors you will ever dive/train/work with in the Philippines. Just tell him that I sent you and you are good to go.

wouldn't that be sky tellman's op? they folded up already? wow.

I think that is correct. This is a cruel and ruthless business. It is ALL about safety, quality of instruction, and guest maintenance. The bottomline - ADVERTISE VALUE WITH CARE AND SAFETY !!! Our mantra.

Babydamulag:
I think that is correct. This is a cruel and ruthless business. It is ALL about safety, quality of instruction, and guest maintenance. The bottomline - ADVERTISE VALUE WITH CARE AND SAFETY !!! Our mantra.

Actually its not really a cruel and ruthless business. Its a fun and laid-back lifestyle that lets you enjoy scuba diving while making a bit of profit. However its not a business you go into thinking that you are going to be a millionaire. The businesses that earn the biggest on any dive destination are still the hotels. The dive operation is just a service that complements it and the profit margin is not as big.

The dive professionals product is more than just dive courses, fun dives and gear sales. It is an experience that let people get a glimpse of a lifestyle that many people dream but few get to live. When they come for a vacation they see that indeed there are people who actually live the life of sun, sea, sand and compressed air. They get to live that for a few days and they will keep coming back if they like it.

The scuba professionals that last long in this business are the people who have so much passion for it that whether they earn $100 a day or $100 a month, they would probably be still on the beach in their 20 sq meter dive shop living the life that many only dream about.

Back
Top Bottom