New Dive Shop in PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axua:
wouldn't that be sky tellman's op? they folded up already? wow.
sky is to the right of cap gregs... he's doing better than ever, visited him during DORIII

he's closed the old place (beside big apple) and moved further down... it's just shy of atlantis i think

sky's looking great too... :biggrin:

Jag

Back on topic for just a minute, and I don't mean to be offensive so please don't take it that way but what makes this shop better than the others? Why should I spend money there rather than somewhere else?

Dive operators take huge risks. It is a cut throat business. Those that play "Beach Bum" do not last long in this business. Neverneverland is down the street.

Babydamulag:
Dive operators take huge risks. It is a cut throat business. Those that play "Beach Bum" do not last long in this business. Neverneverland is down the street.

Oh well you might have something going for you since you are new in the business. As you probably already know, most foreign owned dive shops on beaches here in the Philippines are supplemented by foreign denominated retirement pensions. So even if they just breakeven they could careless, they are on retirement and just kicking-back and relaxing on the beach.

Good luck and I hope you don't forget to have fun while waging war on this ruthless, cut throat business because that will be what your students and divers will be looking for.

cheers mate! :coffee:

Halthron:
Back on topic for just a minute, and I don't mean to be offensive so please don't take it that way but what makes this shop better than the others? Why should I spend money there rather than somewhere else?

If you want to dive with the best in Puerto Galera and have fun with a great dive guide then dive with them. Several of the operators there have a "primo diveguide/instructor". It is worth whatever they charge to dive with Ethei. He is one of the best on the beach. I trust him with my life. Not many operators have customers that say that about them.

Babydamulag:
If you want to dive with the best in Puerto Galera and have fun with a great dive guide then dive with them. Several of the operators there have a "primo diveguide/instructor". It is worth whatever they charge to dive with Ethei. He is one of the best on the beach. I trust him with my life. Not many operators have customers that say that about them.
That's rather vague, what do they / the primo DM do that's different and worthy of spending time with them rather than elsewhere? If you don't get that DM, will the experience drop significantly? Details man, details! :)

Dude, I be tryin'!!! The instructor I am talking about was on the world record SCUBA diving team with JB. He has about 15 years experience in the area and knows his stuff! If you are a photographer he knows where "all" of the goodies are located. If you are a tech diver he is the guy to dive with give you the added confidence you need on a tech dive. Ethei is probably the most safety conscience guy I know (next to me). My wife and I have been diving with him for years. He took me through my DM (made it really challenging too). He is at "The Dive Shop". FInd him and experience one of the best. Cool?

Back
Top Bottom