New Dive Shop in PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babydamulag, My previous response was a bit rude. What I was getting at is that you would do your friend Ethei more service by posting his accomplishments in technical diving than just throwing out superlatives and generalizations. He's setting up shop in an area that already has a good number of long established technical instructors.

JB worked out of Atlantis and they have some top notch guys there too.

Babydamulag:
I trust him with my life. Not many operators have customers that say that about them.

Big statement there, babyd.

I'm one.

I know others who'd say the same. A lot of them.

Here's a list from PG alone: -

Dave Ross - Techasia
Sam Collett - Techasia
Chuck Driver - Capt'n Greggs
Chuck Schoemack (sp?) - Capt'n Greggs
Allison Manis - Asiadivers
Pedro Magsino - Atlantis
Rick Kirkham - Frontier
Jimmy Christup - Asiadivers
Tommy Soderstrom - Asiadivers
Kjell Soderstrom - Asiadivers
Peter Eaton - Asiadivers
Andy Pope - Atlantis
Andy Norman - Asiadivers

Dive with all of them, courses with half of them, and yes, I'd trust my life to any of them.

(apologies if I've missed anyone)

(and edited for clarity)

Diver Dennis:
JB worked out of Atlantis and they have some top notch guys there too.

I haven't dived with La Laguna Beach Club, but the reports I get make me feel that I will soon. Tech, too.

Now, this is just me but here're some basic things, the absolute minimum, I'd want to see when someone is "talking up" an instructor, especially a tech one (using "he" for simplicity).

How long has he been diving
About how many tech dives (don't care about warm water weenie dives when evaling a tech instructor)
What he can teach (agencies, classes, gases, equipment)
What projects he's worked on (shows he does more than teach)

Good points on all posts. Vote with your dollars (or pesos or euros). I know all of them too. Like I said before.....if you think you are in his league, knock yourself out and give him a try. Some in the tech diving community talk a big game....Ethei lives it everyday and is the epitome of what you expect in an instructor/mentor/dive buddy. Now, let's see who really goes and dives with him. This is gonna be fun!!

thepurplehammerhead:
Big statement there, babyd.

I'm one.

I know others who'd say the same. A lot of them.

Here's a list from PG alone: -

Dave Ross - Techasia
Sam Collett - Techasia
Chuck Driver - Capt'n Greggs
Chuck Schoemack (sp?) - Capt'n Greggs
Allison Manis - Asiadivers
Pedro Magsino - Atlantis
Rick Kirkham - Frontier
Jimmy Christup - Asiadivers
Tommy Soderstrom - Asiadivers
Kjell Soderstrom - Asiadivers
Peter Eaton - Asiadivers
Andy Pope - Atlantis
Andy Norman - Asiadivers

Dive with all of them, courses with half of them, and yes, I'd trust my life to any of them.

(apologies if I've missed anyone)

(and edited for clarity)

Larry - does andy pope still dive? everytime I'm there I always see him running but never saw him in a wetsuit. One of the youngest CD I know.

Diver Dennis:
Andy does still dive once in a while Axua but not nearly as much as before. Matt dives a lot though.

Thats good to know. I was suppose to take my IDC with him but someone told me that he doesn't really teach and dive anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom