New Dive Watch/Computer by Suunto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are looking for a really useful tool that is not a computer but is uploadable, records your dive information, provides you with information (time, depth, stop time, temp) and can be worn on your wrist, check out the Suunto D3.

cancun mark:
Actually, I dont think the Gekko is watch sized, it is a little larger. Sunto do make some watch sized dive computers though, the Mosquito and the stinger are the models you might want to check out
I have the mosquito for about 3 years. It hanged on one of my dives a few months ago, and since then I heard from various divers that the Mosquito isn't as reliable as a Stinger (never heard anything before, probably because I wasn't paying attention).

Sunnto replaced the Mosquite free-of-charge (only have to pay for freight) but I have decided to get a Stinger and sell off the mosquito.

I am a Divemaster out here in California... I read some posts here and have heard several people talk about the Suunto computers being to conservative??? This puzzles me??? I work boats and help with classes as a DM and generally am a pretty agressive diver. I am under water much more than most recreational divers as a DM. On vacations, I dive basically every day, doing 2-3 dives per day. (I just got back from Belize for 10 days and logged 21 dives/several being deep dives to 150 ft). In the 4 years I have used Suuntos (I use a Vyper and a Stinger as back up) I have never bent either of them and have never been forced to abort a dive based on the NDL limits of the computers. It's true the RGBM algorythem Suunto uses is suposed to be a bit safer due to the fact that it detects microbubbles, it has never been "too conservative" for me or any of my associates who use them.

Back
Top Bottom