New Divers and Basic Scuba color changes

Do you like the font/color change?

• No. Please put all the forums back to the same font

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Yes. I like it the Bolded Navy color.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Yes. But I think it needs a different color.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • What font change? I can't tell any difference.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I like the idea, but want a better way to identify those forums.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other - for everyone who says their choice wasn't listed on the poll.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I like the SeaGreen color

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shouldn't The Pub be in red, as a warning?:chuckle:

A similar reminder had already been tested. It was found that for low trafficked areas it might be workable but in higher traffic forums it was distracting to most users.

Interesting. Could the distraction have been a graphics issue more than the fact that it existed? For example, could the forum & thread be on the red & blue Quick Reply and Reply to Thread band? Example:

Quick Reply: Site Support, New Divers and Basic Scuba color changes

Not really sure where the change was except in the title of the forum which i too found hard to read and had to adjust my laptop screen repeatedly to in fact read it.

I like RJP's suggestion of the order change as well.

I usually look in new posts and have not found any change there...Am I missing something??

Am I the only one that can see the change properly ?
Avoiding the vomiting rainbow effect is always good! The difference between the blues is visable- though subtle- on the matrix page. Where I had reading issues is at the top of the actual forum, when the heading is on the red and blue background.
OK,see where that is happining ...

Last edited:
Interesting. Could the distraction have been a graphics issue more than the fact that it existed? For example, could the forum & thread be on the red & blue Quick Reply and Reply to Thread band? Example:

Quick Reply: Site Support, New Divers and Basic Scuba color changes

Not sure if we have the ability to easily edit the reply bar in that fashion or not.

Not sure if we have the ability to easily edit the reply bar in that fashion or not.

I guess the bigger question is the issue of what is and is not distracting since that scuttled the last attempt. Personally, I wouldn’t find a single line below the reply bar annoying. Just brainstorming, but maybe include a reminder as to what level the forum is like:

General: Site Support, New Divers and Basic Scuba color changes

Flame free zone: Basic Scuba Discussions, Which end of the snorkel goes up?

No-troll area: Solo Divers, Don’t need no stinking buddy!​

Alternatively, maybe you could use some icons to remind people to go lightly or to wear a Kevlar BC. I appreciate the objective of the color change and perhaps some of these random thoughts can lead to a better solution.

I've added a poll to get an idea of the general board consensus on the font/color change. Please vote and add any additional comments you may have.

You know, after seeing my post above in color...

I think using GREEN for the forums in question would be a pretty good solution:

New Divers and Those Considering Diving

Basic Scuba Discussions

Green means "go" and "safe" and "harmony." In advertising we use it to trigger feelings of "hope" and "optimism" and "natural balance." It's also often used to encourage "trust" and "sharing" and "responsiveness."

Psychologically green is widely known to have a "calming" effect which is why it's used in hospitals, mental health facilities, and such. Perhaps that's reason enough to use Green for those two forums.

:eyebrow:

I've changed the color to reflect this suggestion. We'll test this for a few days or so and see what everyone thinks. I've also added the new color to the poll option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom