new fin concept

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's an interesting fin concept

[video=youtube;WoXxL3ljTb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WoXxL3ljTb4[/video]

Here's an interesting fin concept...

I have consulted with Dave Woods, the inventor developing these TecReation fins, on his fin architecture and optimization plans. He has a valid concept for a potentially more efficient scuba fin than the traditional solid paddle fin of similar length. This is an early version of the fin, predating our consult. I know that he has since developed a more recent version that appears to have another 25% performance advantage over the version shown here. So, keep your eyes open on this one. It could be the next big thing! :)

Last edited:
I know that he has since developed a more recent version that appears to have another 25% performance advantage over the version shown here. So, keep your eyes open on this one. It could be the next big thing! :)

I was pretty impressed when I saw this on youtube. I just wish he'd market this himself instead of asking dive manufacturers to license them. I wonder how it performs against current?

If you want something done right, you better do it yourself! I think he should loose the "Flip-Fin" stuff and just build a basic fin using his louvered foils.

Danvolker can you tell me more about trying the force fins? I'm flying to Florida for a week in february and would love a test ride.

Yes, definitely! I've been reading alot about the FFs here. I'm gonna wait and see if the Tan Deltas go back in production next year. In the meantime, I'll be on the look out in the for sale section.

Danvolker can you tell me more about trying the force fins? I'm flying to Florida for a week in february and would love a test ride.

If you get to Palm Beach, I would be happy to let you try either the Excelerators or the Extra Force models I have.....either at the BHB or you could use them on one of the charter boats..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom