New gear for sale CHEAP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tparrent

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh man did I ever get it wrong when I started this sport!

I love being underwater and seeing all the cool stuff but I thought I had to be a scuba diver to do that. So I took the classes, bought a million dollars of equipment and got certified.

I didn't realize you don't need ANY equipment to dive!:06:

I just watched "Into the Blue" and discovered that you can free dive for, like, twenty minutes. You don't need a weight belt or anything! You can also free drive INSIDE of wrecks without any problem at all! Coooooool! Now I don't have to worry about getting gear entagled because I won't have any gear!

Best of all, if you do feel a little shortness of breath coming on, a beautiful babe will dive down and kiss some air right into you. AWESOME!:D

I can't believe they don't teach this type of diving in class!

but what if I just want to use her as a spare air babe? do I stil have to buy dinner, flowers and do the yes dear? Can I keep her in the closet until I dive again :) :)

While I really liked the movie, I thought the same thing. When they swam into the plane I said out loud "you dont do that crap!" and my wife asked 'really? why not?

So I had to explain about entaglements, inability to make a direct ascent and all. But then again the dudes each had their 'spare air babes', so maybe it wasn't too bad. :D

FD

I would not keep the spare air babe I saw in the closet. She looked multifunctional :D

Don't get me wrong, this was no citizen cane.

But for what it was I found it entertaining. I don't think I have ever sat down to watch a movie with diving in it expecting to see a realistic depiction of my hobby/addiction.

p.s. there is never a bad movie with jessica alba in a bikini.

To many people get all hung up on artistic & factual content. Folks need to relax, and enjoy a movie for what it is fictional entertaninment.

I'm thinkin about growing gills like Kevin Costner did in waterworld. Now that's free divin.

Oh I enjoyed the movie - make no mistake about that. In fact, I think I enjoyed it MORE because I know a little about diving.

Next DVD up for viewing is The Cave - that's more of a documentary, right? :D

Back
Top Bottom