New in BP business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidB:
Today I dive with a 2 pieces 5mm semidry wetsuit, most of my dives till now was with steel tanks but now i am slowly transiting to doubles, as for their buoyancy I am not yet sure what it is! My BC today is a Zeagle 911 with a single blader of 65lbs. In winter with a full wetsuit today I use 12 to 16 pounds of weight with a steel tank that has negative buoyancy full or empty.

I might tend to offer a different perpsective from a couple of other posters, in that I would suggest a SS BP rather than AL. Yes, you mention transitioning to doubles, but if you dive in winter with a steel single, and 5mm of neoprene, AND use 12-16 lbs, I would seriously consider SS instead. It is just more versatile. I still dive a SS with steel 120 doubles and my wetsuit, but I also use it for the doubles with a wetsuit. Yes, I am negative but it works fine. In contrast, an AL may still require you to use weight (and I hate carrying extra weight on a belt) with thick neoprene and a single. Just a thought.

Just curious, but any particular reason for a 65lb inflation BC? The 911 is a great BC, of course. Are you routinely carrying lots of (negative) gear when you use it?

Colliam7:
I might tend to offer a different perpsective from a couple of other posters, in that I would suggest a SS BP rather than AL. Yes, you mention transitioning to doubles, but if you dive in winter with a steel single, and 5mm of neoprene, AND use 12-16 lbs, I would seriously consider SS instead. It is just more versatile. I still dive a SS with steel 120 doubles and my wetsuit, but I also use it for the doubles with a wetsuit. Yes, I am negative but it works fine. In contrast, an AL may still require you to use weight (and I hate carrying extra weight on a belt) with thick neoprene and a single. Just a thought.

Just curious, but any particular reason for a 65lb inflation BC? The 911 is a great BC, of course. Are you routinely carrying lots of (negative) gear when you use it?

Just a reel, a spool, a smb and a spare mask, plus of course the pressure gauges clipped on it... but I plan to purchase a short pants with pockets to move all these items in the pockets instead of my BC...
BTW I just purchased an AL BP since i found a second hand very cheap one from Zeagle.
Now, I am looking for the screws to attach on it my wings, anybody knows or have information on which screws should i look for it?

DavidB:
Just a reel, a spool, a smb and a spare mask, plus of course the pressure gauges clipped on it... but I plan to purchase a short pants with pockets to move all these items in the pockets instead of my BC...
BTW I just purchased an AL BP since i found a second hand very cheap one from Zeagle.
Now, I am looking for the screws to attach on it my wings, anybody knows or have information on which screws should i look for it?

I would go into the Zeagle forum under manufacturers and post the question there or send Scott Zeagle a PM and I'm sure he would be more than happy to get you the info you need

Cheers

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom