New RED FILTER for GoPro Dive Housing by SRP - Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am glad to hear that the Blurfix will be included as well. Some of my dives are shallow enough not to require a filter which makes having a screw on filter inconvenient. Looking forward to seeing the end product.

Hey Everyone,

Just spoke with Bill and asked how things were going. He said they have recently shipped several prototypes to designated testers around the world. He mentioneded the following locations.

Japan
California
Australia
Bonaire
French Polynesia

According to Bill, the feedback is just starting to roll in from the testers. He also mentioned that as the video results come back, that he would try to share a little with us.

Can't wait to see this thing in action! I'll post more information as it comes available.

Last edited:
If he would like a tester for Roatan in September, I volunteer. Could do comparisons with the new Backscatter flip-up.

Man.........I can't wait for SRP - URpro version of filter. Its better than the Magic Lens one from BackScatter, based on the URpro Cyan glass round one versus the Magic Lens slide on.

I will get a Backscatter flip one for GP Dive Housing and whenever SRP-URpro is ready......test them both.........will be interesting.

I intend to do some comparisons against the Backscatter and also Oculus filter options for the GoPro dive housing once I get my hands on all of them.

The URPro filters do seem to hold up best at deeper levels against other brands so it should be interesting to see how all the filters compare against each other in a real world side by side comparison at various depths.

Hi, I'm a lucky guy :wink: I have both of the new filters, SRP and BS.
I had several dives with the brand new SRP filter, and I could compare (dual footage) yesterday with the BS filter.

I wanted first to show you the difference between SRP filter or no filter mounted on the dive housing. I have 2 HD2 mounted on a tray and simultaneously record.
Watch below 2 images extracted from a footage "new srp filter" vs stock dive housing without any filter :

srp2-2.jpgsrp2-1.jpg
srp1-2.jpgsrp1-1.jpg

These were taken at approx 21-22 meters deep, no modifications.

Yesterday, the dive was especially for me to test SRP vs BS dive housing filter, with 2 HD HERO2 with gopro dive housing.
I didn't know I will have such a difference...
I'll show you soon pictures or a final footage, but I can say it's nearly night & day.
Of course, BS is efficient, but SRP rocks !
I tested everything up to 29 meters deep.
Next to follow !

Last edited:
So, where do we get the filter?

Nice Fab Plongeur, my initial tests with the new filter showed it was working the same as the glass urpro filters I have, which have always done great at those deeper levels.

I just got my bs filter yesterday so will do some tests down to the same depth in quite different conditions so it should be good to compare your ideal tropical conditions and my cool water results. The second revision of the clip is also great even though I was ok with the first one but now its much easier.

Bill showed me a video of the new clip in action and I though he just spent weeks perfecting the motion as he was freaky fast lol, but it turns out its just some clever engineering as I tried the new clip and its quite a bit easier to put on.

Definetly for best underwater results you want either URPro or magic filters but URPro do hold up very well at deeper levels. I still wonder how the generic oculus will compare, can I get a few people to pray for a wind drop so we can get a boat out in Melbourne this month lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom