new Suunto Vyper ... won't turn on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-hh

Contributor
Reaction score
Just picked up a new Suunto Vyper Air to replace my plain old Vyper which had finally died.

Unboxed it, went to turn it on ... nothing.

Time to troubleshoot:

a) Dead Battery?

b) Defective Unit?

c) Needed some sort of pre-customer setup?

Suggestions? I'll probably try a replacement battery first.

-hh

Of course try battery first if that doesn't solve the issue you've likely got a dead unit. There is no c) required, certainly not on Gekko, Zoop or Vyper., I'm not sure about other models but will assume not. If possible get the shop you bought it from to change the battery while you wait. Let us know how you get on.

Can you return it? That's the first thing I would try. If you got it at an LDS then let them worry about it. Is the unit registered with Aqualung for the warranty?

I would not mess with the battery unless you have access to a pressure pot.

Battery seems likely but I certainly wouldn't change the battery on a new computer - if you screw up and it leaks it's now your problem rather than theirs. It's one thing when you've at least had the unit for awhile, but not on a new one. I'd also say if you got this online they should be paying shipping both ways, like most decent places would do for any product they shipped you that was DOA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom