New to DIR, have some questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by JamesK

LOL. Yeah, I learned the same lesson. Anyone want about 60 feet of soft webbing?

No, really. How soft ? I've been looking for some "car seat belt soft" webbing to replace the crotch strap :)

It is a little softer than seat belt webbing. If you are using any d-rings, it does not hold them well at all. They shift very easily.

Originally posted by JamesK
It is a little softer than seat belt webbing. If you are using any d-rings, it does not hold them well at all. They shift very easily.

That's right James.

If you want Soft webbing Ginnie Springs has it. That's where I got mine. Someone there probably didn't know what they were doing when they ordered it. I had to go to Extreme Exposure to get the right stuff... seems they have a lot of the right stuff at that shop.. :D

Also the "camping shops" some keep mentioning probably also have the softer stuff so be carefull. The stiff webbing should seem really stiff when it's new and will be more difficult to rig.... especially the belt buckle where you have to bend it over 3 or 4 times in a small space! Another experience thing... when working with the stiff stuff use some needle nose pliers to pull it through and around places you need to like on the buckle. Your hands will thank you for it!

DSAO!!

The camping shop I am refering has many diferent types of webbing. from the folded over very soft, doubled up "tube" stuff to the super stiff, needlenose plier stuff.

But then, its not your average camping store.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom