New to diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome, you will like it here.

I got certified 3 weeks ago, am hooked to diving and now hooked on this site!

Enjoy your new discovery.....

Ray - thanks.... You obviously know what it means... tell me how? :wink:

Greetings, and a warm welcome from Canada. If you fall in love with the sport even 1/10th of what I did, you will have a blast.

Keep us informed of how you do.

You can count on me keeping you informed. :) I still have 4 days until my first class and am already quite nervous. I'll probably be a basket case by Friday.

Is it just me, or does the snorkel mask thing feel a bit awkward or do you get used to it?

BLT

Originally posted by BetterLateThannever
....Is it just me, or does the snorkel mask thing feel a bit awkward or do you get used to it?BLT

If you're asking if it feels awkward wearing it - yes you'll get use to it. If you're asking if it feels awkward using it - try practicing in the bathtub. Honest. Don the mask and snorkel and 'blow bubbles' in your tub.

PS don't forget to clean your new mask with a soft nonabrasive cleaner (non-gel toothpaste is great) to remove the coating that comes on all new masks. Without removing the coating, you'll be forever fogging up.

It gets better with time but to be honest a lot of us don't wear the snorkle (keep it in a pocket, strapped to BC ect) Mine pulled on my mask strap and caused the mask to leak. When I do use it, I have it attached with a neoprene keeper. They are softer and go on and off more easily than the rubber/plastic ones. And sorry but I gotta ask, the snorkle is on the outside of the mask strap, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom