New to FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm really enjoying Florida. Admittedly, I'm only familiar with Monroe county (but I understand that its representative of the rest of the state :)) Real estate in the Bay area may be high, but I never saw $400,000 singlewides until I got here. Same for $600,000 1BR shacks (or whatever term you'd use to describe a 650 sq ft house that looks like its on the verge of falling down). I guess paradise comes at a price... I like that its sunny and warm all year. And that everything revolves around the water: whether its fishing, diving, or boating. Its laid back, there's no rat race, everyone here has chosen to make having fun a top priority in their life. Still, there's no biking Mt Tam, no running through the Presidio, no Sunday morning motorcycling on Hwy 128. Heck, I'm not even sure I know a vegan!

Welcome to NE Florida.A lot of great diving locally.
Hundreds of artificial reefs+wrecks,thousands of ledges and hard bottom areas.Tons of sealife,common to see turtles,big fish,occasionally pelagic fish.1/2 a dozen dive shops.2 hours to caves & springs.Far less traffic than Orlando,Tampa,Miami.Tons of sea life.WTs from 46 to almost 90.Vis can be from 0 to 100+ depending on season and conditions.Not many dive boats but somebody usually goes out as the weather allows.Several other members live locally.You picked a great area of Jax to live in,I live off Hodges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom