New to ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just want to say Hi to everyone :blinking: A brief description about myself - I don't dive but I love reading on sea/ocean discoveries - Hope I can read/find some here - Thank you -- :coffee:

You should learn to dive... then you could see what you've been reading about. :D

Ken

Scubaprincess, welcome to the board. To find your way around, go to the top of the page and click "Forums" it will open message topics for beginners to experts. The how to's and the where ats.

But if you want adventures, go back to the beginnings of exploration by Jacques Cousteau. His first SCUBA dives will teach you what you can do underwater that is safe and exciting and what is deadly. His following books relate adventures around the worlds' oceans, and his pioneering with scientists in every area of oceanography.

Thanks Ken. Maybe for now, I'll just have to keep on reading - it's what I can do at the moment - Then next time - I might experience SCUBA myself and share aswell with others about my dive encounters and discoveries :) :)

Welcome. If you start searching threw posts old and new you will find a huge number of very interesting, informative, entertaining and even scary stories hidden here. You could spend years reading back and never read it all!

You really should try scuba. There are even free "Discover Scuba' type classes, where you get to try a short dive, safely, under the direct control and supervision of an instructor, to see if it's something you want to explore!

In South Africa, learning to Scuba is still pretty expensive. Something I need to save up for eventually.

And lets not get into the prices of equipment...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom