New to Seattle Area - Need Dive Shop for Fun Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathyfayre

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to the Seattle area and I'm already looking forward to taking a dive trip someplace warm this spring!

Can you recommend some dive shops that have a good variety of dive trips in pricing, length of trip, locations and people?

I live on the Kitsap side and work in downtown Seattle.

Thanks,

Well, Bubbles Below tries to run two trips a year, usually a shorter and less expensive one in the spring, and a longer (and more expensive) one in the fall. We went to Indonesia with them last September, and I think they went or are going to Fiji this year.

I don't know about other shops with warm water trips. We've put together our own.

I know that TLSea offers warm water trips.
I don't know what is currently on their list but they have several a year.

TLSea offers trips at reasonable rates.

I believe Underwater Sports in Federal Way is offering some warm water trips.

And I noticed a couple weeks back that Anacortes Dive and Supply is offering quite a lot of trips. Having done several charters in the San Juans with them, I think they'd be an especially fun bunch to go on a vacation trip with.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not warm vacation destinations, but close, less expensive, and offer amazing scenery...

This guy runs a really nice charter, and I enjoyed my trips on his boat up in the San Juans:
Deep Sea Charters - Anacortes, Washington - Diving, Whale Watching, Science and Discovery Cruise, Scenic, Custom, San Juan Islands

Just a beautiful environment. Saw a 40' whale next to the boat my last trip with him.

Don and Diane Coleman run a nice charter, Pacific Adventure, on the other side of the Sound:
Pacific Adventure Hood Canal charter rates

Been on their boat numerous times, last time saw and videoed a 7' 6-gill shark at Flagpole in about 130-140 fsw. They offer excellent diving opportunities in extremely scenic settings.

Welcome to the 'hood. Hope you like the area.

You don't need to go far to experience amazing diving.
(But a DUI TLS 350 drysuit might be prudent :D )

Have fun,

Doc

I think Sound Dive Center does a yearly Mexico trip and is here on the peninsula. Which part of Kitsap do you live in. I'm in bremerton and still looking for a buddy.

Old thread ... the OP hasn't posted here since September 2007 ... and her previous post before that was April 2004 ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom