New to the Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

livi120

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, I posted in the Greeting section but wanted to also say hello in here with what seems like the local group.

First of all I've been reading through some threads and love the fact that there are so many knowledgeable and experienced people in the area. Thanks for the wealth of info.

Now a little about me in the way of an introduction: I'm a quiet, easy going guy. I'm 35 (so you don't have to do the math from my profile info.) Artistic (just started work on a painting of some amazing midnight parrots I saw on the Benwood Wreck.) Also a bit of a science nerd or frustrated naturalist... love to explore and see reefs and marine life, etc.

Since I'm a teacher, I'm off during the summer (and also poor) making shore diving very appealing. I'm very interest in becoming familiar and exploring some of those shore locations just north of here (ex Frt. Laud by the Sea and Blue Heron Bridge). I'm sure I'll have more specific questions soon.

Thanks again,

Well hello and welcome to Scubaboard.
Be sure to watch the Trips and Market place for dives, join me anytime :wink:

Welcome to the board!

Hey Livi120,

Welcome to the Florida Conch Divers section. There are a lot of great sea life here in Florida. Have to admit the biggest Parrot fish I've ever saw was on the Benwood.

Good Diving,

Welcome to the Board.

Welcome to the board. post if you are ever up in C. FL area and wanting to dive.

Livan,

Welcome to the Florida Conch Divers section of ScubaBoard!

I hope you'll publish your artwork here for all to see once it's finished.

For further inspiration, check out my "Pillaging Parrotfishes" video at MySpaceTV Videos: Pillaging Parrotfishes! by Brent.

Dive safely, have fun, and never stop learning!

Brent, thanks for sharing that video. I think it will come in handy because I can see some references of the fish in dinamic poses not just a straight side shot as in most photos.

Thanks to everyone else for the welcome.

and Divegirl4u I may take you up on the offer to join you soon (if you don't mind putting up with a newbie :p ). 2 more weeks of school and then I'm off!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom