New to the Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crash0074

Reaction score
West Bend, Wisconsin (North of Milwaukee)
# of dives
0 - 24
Good Morning everyone! I'm new to the SB and diving in general. I certed OW in July 09 and have a grand total of 11 dives under my belt with #12 coming on Sunday. The bug has bit hard and I'm already thinking to go PRO with it. I've just started putting my kit together and wanted some opinions.

I have the Scubapro Twin Jet Max fins, Scubapro ClearVue Mask with Purge and Scubapro Dry Snorkel. I also picked up a Henderson 3mm full suit, 5mm gloves and 5mm booties.

I've been looking at BCDs, regs and computers now. Apparently, I have really expensive tastes because this is what I'm looking at:

BCDs: Seaquest Black Diamond with Airsource, Scubapro Knighthawk with Air 2 and the Zeagle Ranger LTD.

Regs: Scubapro MK25/A700, Scubapro MK25T/S600T, Aqualung Legend LX Supreme and Atomic's T2X and ST1.

Comps: Uwatec Galileo Sol & Luna, Mares Icon HD and the Oceanic OC1.

I picked up some gear off Craigslist locally as well. In that package was 2 sets of Poseidon Cyklon Metal 1st and 2nd stage regulators, an old Sherwood BCD, an 80CF aluminum tank and a really old Healthways regulator. I took the Cyklons in to the authorized service center and had them inspected and overhauled. The Tank got rehydro'd and inspected as well.

My question is, do I try to sell the Cyklons and Sherwood bcd to try to raise funds for the top of the line gear, or do I use them now, save my money until I can afford the top of the line stuff and then keep the Cyklons as back-up gear?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom