New to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SASubaru

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the board and from San Antonio. I just got back into diving after a long layoff. Went to Medina this weekend and had a great time. Any suggestions for places around here to dive after I knock the rust off? I know about Medina, Canyon, and the Comal. Thanks and I hope I see you in the water!

Welcome to the Swamp! You are certainly situated in a great place to make contacts with a lot of friendly divers, that's for sure. The primary dive sites have already been listed, but that's only a part of the story...the best part is the people you'll have the chance to dive with "down yonder". Take advantage of the opportunity, and have a great time underwater! Hope to see you on a Swamper outing soon.

Welcome to Scubaboard. There are lots of places already mentioned above to dive, but add diving the Texas Clipper off South Padre Island.

If you're up to a drive to Austin, Lake Travis is a great place to practice skills. Windy Point Park private is a private dive park with carts to haul you gear and has air fills, Windy Point Park.
Lake Travis Scuba has charters on the lake that are only accessible by boat, Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba.

Last edited:
If you're up to a drive to Austin, Lake Travis is a great place to practice sills.

What exactly are you doing when you practice "sills"? :rofl3:

To the OP, if you are ever headed to the northern part of the state, give us a shout. I'm sure we can hook you up with some diving. Welcome to the board!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Lots of great suggestions for dive spots here. A coworker of mine and I are planning some dives this summer so I think we'll hit some of these places up.

A coworker of mine and I are planning some dives this summer so I think we'll hit some of these places up.

What is a Cow Orker ??? :sarcasm:

:rofl3:
Now That was funny ya gotta admit

Don't go all Blue on us now....Stick to the Lakes and come North some time to dive in The Promised Land :wink:

Back
Top Bottom