New Tokyo/Manado Route

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
That makes me want to plan a trip right now.

I see in the same report Emirates will use an A380 on the DPS route :facepalm:

My last trip in Oct 22 we had a four hour journey through the airport arriving on a 777 a the same time as several other flights from various places, it was total chaos.

I'm flying via SIN on my next trip.

I see in the same report Emirates will use an A380 on the DPS route :facepalm:

My last trip in Oct 22 we had a four hour journey through the airport arriving on a 777 a the same time as several other flights from various places, it was total chaos.

I'm flying via SIN on my next trip.
If you already happened to have a visa on arrival before you land, would that have allowed you to skip the lines or would you still have been stuck? You can get VOAs and B211As online now, no sponsor needed for the B211A anymore and it is much cheaper. Pre-pandemic you also could go to the consulates multiple times or mail everything but it’s not needed anymore. Just under $100 USD for the B211A and I had mine issued via e-mail in minutes, paid by credit card. (I don’t know if it matters but I’ve had B211A’s many times before.) I imagine VOA would be just as quick?

I see in the same report Emirates will use an A380 on the DPS route. My last trip in Oct 22 we had a four hour journey through the airport arriving on a 777 a the same time as several other flights from various places, it was total chaos. I'm flying via SIN on my next trip.

I guess I got lucky. My flight from Taiwan to DPS arrived around 3:30pm 13 Sep 2022 and I was out and had my luggage in hand after 45 mins. Some chap inside the airport was I can sell you a quick pass.. I'm like will my bags arrive faster? lol

Doesn't need a big a carrier to get stuck a couple of hours.
Had 2 hours waiting in the midst of the afternoon in august while there were only 2 low cost flights landed.
one of which via SIN :eyebrow: .. you can't escape the indonesian bureaucracy.

If you already happened to have a visa on arrival before you land, would that have allowed you to skip the lines or would you still have been stuck?
VOA doesn't take long in DPS it's a matter of minutes.
It's the immigration stamp that takes *yawn* houuuuuurs...

VOA doesn't take long in DPS it's a matter of minutes.
It's the immigration stamp that takes *yawn* houuuuuurs...
From my trip report

1. Health check for Covid Vaccination status. This took approximately five minutes
2. Visa on Arrival to purchase the visa. This took approximately 35 minutes.
3. Immigration. This took two and a half hours :mad:
After immigration we found Kerstin's nephew in the baggage reclaim waiting for us. Our bags were already off the carousel so no need to wait.
4. Customs queue. I had completed an online customs form but was unable to print off the barcode as I don't have access to a printer. I did have a screenshot though on my phone. However they required a paper form to be completed, and another 20 mins passed as I completed this in the queue.

So in total three and a half hours just to get out of the airport.

I had completed an online customs form but was unable to print off the barcode as I don't have access to a printer. I did have a screenshot though on my phone. However they required a paper form to be completed, and another 20 mins passed as I completed this in the queue.
Wtf? When I went back in december, I simply showed them my smartphone with the QR code I got from the custom form and that was like a breeze.

Yep we have done the iphone QR code for both of our past trips into DPS... super easy. but one of the bags got the dreaded zip tie so we had to go for bag inspection. It was pretty easy and we were out really quick! On my MayJune 2022 trip I could not get the online customs form to work and they just asked me a couple questions then sent me on my way. FYI for anyone that has extra cash to spend and knows they are landing at a busy time or in a hurry, for $100 usd which includes the $35 visa fee you can do the VIP meet and greet. They will meet you at the plane and zoom you through the whole process and even grab your bags and take them to your ride. We are out before the bags come out when we use the service.

I am looking forward to trying out the scoot Manado - Singapore route on the next trip. It is great that Garuda is adding a flight but only once a week is a little risky if not flexible with your plans. Hopefully they will add more!

Back
Top Bottom