What is the best way from New York to Manado?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pelan-pelan

Contributor
Reaction score
Simple question, what is the best way from New York city to Manado, Sulawesi?

Actually there are aspects such as cost, time, number of stops and airlines to take into consideration. A night at an airport is acceptable and may well make the journey more comfortable.

I think one of the favoured routes is flying west via Japan. I wonder if there is a better way west. And also, what about flying east via Europe? Did someone once suggest to me that flying via Canada worked?

Would much appreciate suggestions.

Actually there are aspects such as cost, time, number of stops and airlines to take into consideration. A night at an airport is acceptable and may well make the journey more comfortable.

I think one of the favoured routes is flying west via Japan. I wonder if there is a better way west. And also, what about flying east via Europe? Did someone once suggest to me that flying via Canada worked?

Singapore, then Scoot to Manado.

Thanks. That's my preferred route from UK to Manado. Didn't know if it also worked flying west from NYC. What is the route prior to Singapore?

For information - Scoot is still only operating Weds and Fris. The old SilkAir schedule also included Mons. Scoot say they are considering bringing this in. Also, Scoot have only got flights released up to October at the moment.

Are there any alternatives for flying from NYC?

Thanks. That's my preferred route from UK to Manado. Didn't know if it also worked flying west from NYC. What is the route prior to Singapore?

For information - Scoot is still only operating Weds and Fris. The old SilkAir schedule also included Mons. Scoot say they are considering bringing this in. Also, Scoot have only got flights released up to October at the moment.

Your only alternative is through Jakarta.

When we went to Sulawesi we flew NY to Germany to Singapore to Manado. This was a group trip booked at DEMA and it made Sinagpore Airlines my favorite.

SQ will sell you a through ticket from London to Manado.
GBP1,500.00.
They can also sell you one from EWR
Through ticket is much better than separated.

I would rather stop at SIN than anywhere else in Indonesia for transfer to Manado.

SQ will sell you a through ticket from London to Manado.
GBP1,500.00.
They can also sell you one from EWR
Through ticket is much better than separated.
But only on certain days.
I would rather stop at SIN than anywhere else in Indonesia for transfer to Manado.
Agreed.

Flying NYC to Singapore will give you more options, but you are limited to whatever days they fly to Manado. Flying into Jakarta will open multiple daily flights onto Manado.

I fly to the East Coast from Jakarta usually twice a year and, to be honest, going east or west does not matter all that much. If you are in economy like me, it is pretty freakin' brutal. I make my choices based on price and the sort of layovers I prefer. If try to space the flights to allow a few hours in a trasit hotel between the two long flights. A shower and some sleep in a bed make all the difference in the world for me, but your milage may differ.

Right now I would look at Qatar for NYC > Doha > Jakarta or Japan Air for NYC > Tokyo (Do not book a ticket where you change airports) > Jakarta.

same problem with scoot for me... i land in singapore friday afternoon.. waiting untill weds its a no-no... fly to cgk and then manado is very long and expensive for me..... i just change my plan of sulawesi and i switch to bali... but i already have the ticket to singapore(august)..
the best route for manado is always from singapore with scoot... but if you land in jakarta there is a batik flight a 2:30am that land in manado at 7:00... :wink:

Thanks for all the information. I am going to look at NYC to Germany as a route. Otherwise it is Singapore or Jakarta. Singapore airlines are very good. Now they have the new airport at Jakarta, that is also a possible route - with more connections to Manado. Scoot is still only operating Fridays and Wednesdays but via Singapore and Scoot is still my favoured route. And thanks for the warning about changing airports in Japan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom