" New treasure hunter BORN "

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well, As some remember I'm a old school northeast wreck diver and my wife is a new school OW diver of a few years... She is always telling me :no: " You're not aloud to touch stuff , Leave only bubbles " ..... We joke all the time about the bag of stuff I bring up.. Most just bottles and plates from the 40's - 60's.... No real treasure...

Yesterday we were diving the lake and I see this odd shape sticking out of the mud... I do my " Treasure hunter hand fan " and it looks like a glass candle stick... Put it in the bag and move on... On the boat I give it a quick clean up and THIS IS NOT a candle stick.. It some type of oil lamp...

Get home and start looking on the net for a ID of it... Holy $hit... It's a whale oil lamp from the early 1800's... Now scuba girl is having fun looking this lamp up and trying to find out everything she can about it...

This morning she brings me a coffee and wakes me up and said " LET'S GO TREASURE DIVING "..... She has been bitten by the bug..:wink:

Jim...

newest ever 054.jpg

Nice. Sebago?

Nice score...

Just tell your “leave only bubbles” friends that this isn’t salvage or raping the environment, it’s garbage cleanup. :wink:

That's exactly what I told my wife that made her re-think this... Nickerson lake in aroostook county....

Jim...

An old guy gave me a tip on how to find treasures. Look up where the first settlers made there home and you will find your greatest treasure. This "motar" explosive from the civil war days comes from Sebago lake Me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom