New truck needs new tank holder..going home made any ideas??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's what I ended up doing. Probably a little overkill for most. This one is alum, but my last one was built out of wood. You can put something like it in the bed of your truck (my Suburban is just a covered pickup).

Attachments

• Side Profiile Extended.jpg
    Side Profiile Extended.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Side Profile Extended.jpg
    Side Profile Extended.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Side Profile Close - Empty.jpg
    Side Profile Close - Empty.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 218
Not at all...They don't jump anywhere unless you are free wheeling in Mojabe Dessert. LOL
[h=3][/h]
Right until the tanks jump out of it on a bump and go free-range all over the truck bed . . .

If you are strapping them down to avoid that, you never mentioned it . . .

- Tim

---------- Post added ----------

Is that bolted down in the truck?

Here's what I ended up doing. Probably a little overkill for most. This one is alum, but my last one was built out of wood. You can put something like it in the bed of your truck (my Suburban is just a covered pickup).

Is that bolted down in the truck?

Yes. It's also raised a little so air can circulate under the drip pan. Remove 4 bolts and the whole thing comes out. The nuts are fixed under the bed, so they don't fall out when you remove the stand. I drive 12 hours to FL (& 12 hours back) to get to cave country, so having everything secured (in case of an accident) is important to me.

BTW, this was my wooden stand. It's pretty simple and worked well for 7 years. A couple of eye bolts in the bed liner is all it took. I used the ones that were already in my truck. Plywood, a little glue and nuts and bolts and it stayed secure. You don't have to have the angled stand that I use, but it's nice having your gear ready to back into when getting dressed for cave diving.

Attachments

• HH Stand  - Rear.jpg
    HH Stand - Rear.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 285
  • Extension Opended Up.jpg
    Extension Opended Up.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Extension Folded Up.jpg
    Extension Folded Up.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 224
That's a nice work of art. Thanks for sharing Bill.

Yes. It's also raised a little so air can circulate under the drip pan. Remove 4 bolts and the whole thing comes out. The nuts are fixed under the bed, so they don't fall out when you remove the stand. I drive 12 hours to FL (& 12 hours back) to get to cave country, so having everything secured (in case of an accident) is important to me.

BTW, this was my wooden stand. It's pretty simple and worked well for 7 years. A couple of eye bolts in the bed liner is all it took. I used the ones that were already in my truck. Plywood, a little glue and nuts and bolts and it stayed secure. You don't have to have the angled stand that I use, but it's nice having your gear ready to back into when getting dressed for cave diving.

Very nice setup, if you have plans on how you made it please share. I would love to do this

Thanks
scubafrog

Very nice setup, if you have plans on how you made it please share. I would love to do this

Thanks
scubafrog

No plans. Have a friend who makes metal stuff for the marine environment who took my wooden model & with my thoughts make this. Send my your email address (PM) and I send some closeup pixs and you can go from there. BTW, the hinges are SS and will hold 500 pounds. Again, if interested I'll get the model # & mfgr for the hinges from him and include with the pixs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom