Newbie diver from Scotland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everybody! I have recently started my diving journey. After four ~30min open water dives I'm already hooked and I'm sure that there will be much more to come! During my dives, I've seen a wide variety of sea life, everywhere I looked something interesting was happening.

I'm based in Scotland so I've only dived in a dry suit in cold water so far - can't wait to see how it feels to dive in some more tropical destinations. Currently, I'm mostly interested in observing the sealife and I think that eventually, I might get into underwater photography.

Have a great day!

Welcome to SB @ikswolachim

I've had some great dives off the west coast of Scotland around Oban.

I had been trying to do more diving there over the past five years but personal circumstances took precedent plus Covid restrictions.

Hi everybody! I have recently started my diving journey. After four ~30min open water dives I'm already hooked and I'm sure that there will be much more to come! During my dives, I've seen a wide variety of sea life, everywhere I looked something interesting was happening.

I'm based in Scotland so I've only dived in a dry suit in cold water so far - can't wait to see how it feels to dive in some more tropical destinations. Currently, I'm mostly interested in observing the sealife and I think that eventually, I might get into underwater photography.

Have a great day!
Hi,
Welcome to this fantastic sport. I’m based in Scotland and always looking for new dive buddies to see the wonderful sea life we have.

When you do get to warmer waters, don’t fall into the mistaken belief you know it all, you don’t.

There will be big changes in your buoyancy, you can’t use the suit. Your air consumption will improve and the visual clues on depth will disappear. Resulting in some cold water divers overstaying both time and depth.

Hi, so far I've dived in Loch Leven and Loch Long

When do you plan to dive and find nessie? 😛

You have Red Sea close by, I highly recommend it

I also recommend really getting your buoyancy tuned before picking up a camera. 👍

Have a great day!
Hey and welcome to the world hope your ready to always be broke 😂😂

Just had a week in Scapa with local dive club from the Isle of Man we stayed at the divers lodge No 15 and had the huskyn for a week was mint !

If your interested in the sea life you can do a seasearch course , I did one at the beginning of the year and it’s made diving a lot more interesting and you notice a lot more :)

As for the camera - I’d say start off with a GoPro or something similar, something cheap and just do vids less to concentrate on and remember one bit of new kit each dive :wink: nothing worse than task loading ( we’ve all done it )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom