Newbie - OW Referral Course (Tulamben)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you get back, give me a shout. I have a pretty big circle of dive buddies and we're always looking for more. Dives any day of the week.

When you get back, give me a shout. I have a pretty big circle of dive buddies and we're always looking for more. Dives any day of the week.

That's awesome ScoobaChef! Will definitely do :)

---------- Post added July 10th, 2013 at 09:00 PM ----------

Have you chosen your dive centre yet?
Tulamben wreck divers is a serious operation. The guys from Sea hua hua are good fun. Liberty resort has nice facilities... Many to choose from really!

Thanks Cerdric, yes Im booked with TWD :)

Hey mate! We were certified there at the start of last year. We did the first two OW dives in the bay at Sanur and the final two around the Liberty wreck at Tulamben.

We went with Bali Scuba at Sanur, and had a really good American (ex military) instructor called Mark from there. Awesome operation. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Tulamben is a great site for your first OW dives. Very benign conditions and a nice easy shore entry (even if the pebbles can be a bit skiddy). On our dives we saw garden eels, the big tornado of Jacks, several types of nudis, etc etc etc.

When I say we saw them, I vaguely remember them, but noted them very diligently in my log book at the time. The problem is, you are so concentrating on how you are doing things the first few dives, the scenery can just whizz on by. My only regret is that I think this fantastic dive site was a bit wasted on two complete noobs like us! I agree that if you can get certified before you go it would be best. That way you can enjoy these magnificent dives. At the very least hang around for a bit and do more dives there. We headed up to Ubud right after and only seriously got diving when back here in OZ. now that we better know what we are doing we are seriously considering going back to Indo for more diving at the start of next year, and Tulamben is top of the list - if only to show Mark that he created a couple of keen and competent divers from those very humble beginnings.

Cool enjoy your stay in tulamben. Give us a shout if you want to go
Say hi to the manta rays and maybe molas while in Bali.

Hi Cedric,
Will definitely head out your way next time as we didn't have enough time on this trip (due to my courses)

Cherry

---------- Post added July 31st, 2013 at 06:43 PM ----------

Hey mate! We were certified there at the start of last year. We did the first two OW dives in the bay at Sanur and the final two around the Liberty wreck at Tulamben.

We went with Bali Scuba at Sanur, and had a really good American (ex military) instructor called Mark from there. Awesome operation. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Tulamben is a great site for your first OW dives. Very benign conditions and a nice easy shore entry (even if the pebbles can be a bit skiddy). On our dives we saw garden eels, the big tornado of Jacks, several types of nudis, etc etc etc.

When I say we saw them, I vaguely remember them, but noted them very diligently in my log book at the time. The problem is, you are so concentrating on how you are doing things the first few dives, the scenery can just whizz on by. My only regret is that I think this fantastic dive site was a bit wasted on two complete noobs like us! I agree that if you can get certified before you go it would be best. That way you can enjoy these magnificent dives. At the very least hang around for a bit and do more dives there. We headed up to Ubud right after and only seriously got diving when back here in OZ. now that we better know what we are doing we are seriously considering going back to Indo for more diving at the start of next year, and Tulamben is top of the list - if only to show Mark that he created a couple of keen and competent divers from those very humble beginnings.

Thanks for sharing your experience Mantra...I couldn't agree more! I came back 3 days ago from Tulamben after spending 9 days over there and I had a blast! The conditions were perfect for a newbie like me. I enjoyed it soooo much that I was doing 3-4 dives per day and eventually completed my Advance while I was there too :)
I will definitely go back! Im so hooked that all I can think about now is diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom