Newfounland diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am doing the Sagonay in Augest as well :p heehee..

Diver joe.. you might of met me diving there in Jan. of 2003.. I was the only one brave enough to dive wet :p ... I was taking my fire course at the time and dove with Bill Flarhety.<may mis-spelled his last name>. Looking forward to this trip. Our First charter is Sunday. Can't remember if I saw the gun or not.. all I remember is it was a spectacular dive, and the torpedo whole was HUGE on the PLM. also the Storage whole was a deep intimidating whole.. I am prepared now, have my advanced and Rescue certification... Yeah :) see you next week hopefully

DEEPLOU:
Hi Guys (and gals if any), I am doing a cruise to Halifax and St John last weekend of August. I am sure the ship doesn't have any dive programs set up.
Any suggestions of available shops or operators I could contact. For one or two days, I won't plan on bring my gear (too heavy and no room)
If I have to rent gear, my problem is that although been diving dry for years, never took a course to get a card.
Sounds like you have some nice wrecks (I am alergic to sand (as in beach))

Hey there..this is my first message on this but here goes..I am a NS diver..most of my dealings in Halifax have been with Divers World in Lakeside I have never been to Torpedo Rays so I can't say anything about them. Anyway the reason about this post is that soemone suggested the saguenay...well if you want to dive it you will have to hire soemone to take you out there..the dive shop in lunenburg has gone bankrupt..but if you can dive it do it..I did my advanced OW on it. I haven't been on it in a couple years, so I don't know the comdition of the wreck especially after last falls Hurricane Juan. Some info for ya..the masts are in around 60 feet and sitting in the sand around 100 ft.

Captain Bill Flower, Lunenburg Ocean Adventures runs charters to the Saguenay, as well as the shark cage diving. His phone # is (902) 634-4833..... I can't remember if he has a website or not....

Firediver:
Doing Saugany in augest and a shark dive.
I was reading the new mag SCUBA Press and there was some shark diving in that issue off of Halifax. This is definately something I'm interested in. Can you or anyone throw me some details on how I can get in on a shark dive without having to travel to the south (went to Cuba in Feb. and they didn't have anyshark dives ) Any info would be great.

NSMEDIC:
I was reading the new mag SCUBA Press and there was some shark diving in that issue off of Halifax. This is definately something I'm interested in. Can you or anyone throw me some details on how I can get in on a shark dive without having to travel to the south (went to Cuba in Feb. and they didn't have anyshark dives ) Any info would be great.

The post immediately before your question gives you a name and a number for shark cage diving.... the boat operates out of Lunenburg.

Isn't cold water diving awsome? I live now in St Johns and can't get enough diving on the wrecks, and I'm sure neither can Ol Rick Stanely as he's the only one I give me money too! He runs an excellent outfit and give top class service. Unfortunately I'm in Houston for the summer, and what a waste of money it was getting my gear shipped down, only 3 more weeks though and then I'll be diving back on Deer Island Point, and then 10 days later, its 4 straight months of diving on the bell island wrecks.

Joe, I don't think I've met you, I dove on Ricks boat almost every weekend last year, and if your still kicking around, you'll see me at ol Ricky's house or on the boat during the weekends. You know Kelly? Her and I are running the ScubaMUN club this year...should be good times.

Oh! think I saw a post of someone saying the were diving w/ Bill Flower in Lunenburg....awsome guy! Firegirl, let me know how the shark dive goes.

Yup, I know Kelly...just did the IDC with her and I've dove with here a couple of times both here in NL and in NS as well.

Did the Rose Castle and Saganaga today was great. Firediver and the gang from NB were there too. Look forwad to blowing some bubbles with you when you get back.

I was not here last year. Just moved back to Nfld in Apr.

Cheers for now

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom