Next weekend in Bali - Dive or relax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You people in Perth have it good.

That is a shame that scuba seraya is full. We just got back from there and spent 2 days diving at the end of our trip. The diving and service was wonderful. I took some advice from scuba board and requested an early morning dive on the wreck. We were there to swim with the bumpheads which was pretty cool. No jacks but still lots of stuff to see! I was surprised to see how many people had the same idea as we did and were there bright and early. Seraya Secrets was excellent with everything macro from A toZ. Ask them if they have a waiting list???

Hahaha Wisnu, actually Wild Turkey was seen... and disappeared real fast.. Luko we spotted them at a site not far from the wreck area so hopefully they might reappear at the wreck again? We did 2 dives and they had moved on the 2nd dive ..around bali hai.. so maybe they are migrating as amanda had mentioned amed..as well..only had 60mm so no photos this time but ive already got lots of shots from the last trip

No problem with Mola Mola this year, we are getting lots of great encounters at Mimpang :D :diver:

Next week I am travelling to Jakarta on business.
My return flight is via Bali and I have a brief stopover (Arrive Bali 18.00 Friday, leave Bali Monday 11.00 am)

My options are
· Just relax/party in Kuta
· 1 & 1/2 days diving (perhaps 6 dive in Tulamben or 3-4 dives out of PB)

I have dived all over Bali so I am aware what is on offer.

Questions.
1. How is the drive to Tulamben at night? Is travel time still 3+ hours? (Should be, once out of the airport area, traffic should be fine, we had always arrived at night - budget travellers)
2. Is it ok to check into a resort at 22.00-23.00 (Scuba seraya) [We had checked into TWD early in morning...]
3. Current water temp in Tulamben? (I do not intend to take all my dive kit so may just take my sharkskin top)
4. Are the Jacks still at Tulamben?

When we last dived at Tulamben + day trip to Amed, jacks at both locations, they were at a deeper depth of ~19m at Amed, I thought there were schools of jacks, not just 1 school? :p

---------- Post Merged at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Hahaha Wisnu, actually Wild Turkey was seen... and disappeared real fast.. Luko we spotted them at a site not far from the wreck area so hopefully they might reappear at the wreck again? We did 2 dives and they had moved on the 2nd dive ..around bali hai.. so maybe they are migrating as amanda had mentioned amed..as well..only had 60mm so no photos this time but ive already got lots of shots from the last trip

Why are u in Bali again?! (jealous... :p)

Back
Top Bottom