Nice med. size reef light rechargeable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, you are starting to change my mind, lol!! Good points all stang!

So that's what the recoil stuff is about? More light basically? Larger flood pool maybe?

I do like the idea of never having to buy a flashlight or batteries again and it works for everything from camping to diving to around the house. I really like the idea of the 30 ish hour battery burn. Please let me know if this thing really lasts 32 or so hours on. That would be awesome!

scubadobadoo:
Man, you are starting to change my mind, lol!! Good points all stang!

So that's what the recoil stuff is about? More light basically? Larger flood pool maybe?

I do like the idea of never having to buy a flashlight or batteries again and it works for everything from camping to diving to around the house. I really like the idea of the 30 ish hour battery burn. Please let me know if this thing really lasts 32 or so hours on. That would be awesome!

Off a website...Pelican's Recoil LED Technology™

Pelican's Recoil LED Technology™ works like a reflecting telescope in reverse. By pointing the LED backwards towards the reflector, 100% of the light is captured and projected forward in a super bright, white searchlight type beam that cuts through the thickest smoke, fog and dust. The square beam is proof that all available light is being used - square LED chip, square beam. An exclusive built-in voltage regulator maintains the LED's peak brighteness longer.

I will leave it in the pool to test the 32 hour burn time.

Ok I didn't have this light on my site but since ya'll are interested I will add it. I can't match the ebay price but I can give you a decent deal if you PM me or buy it out of the web store.

Brent

Ok just got out of my pool to test the Pelican Stealth light 2460 Rechargeable. I have a 30 foot long pool and compared it to my Ikelite PC light. The pelican is a little brighter, not much but it is a brilliant white light and makes things much easier to see with no shadows or weird light effects like the Ikelite. The white light makes color pop as compared to the yellow light. I have used the Ikelite PC for years as my primary light in the carribbean and see no reason why this awesome light would not replace it! It is much lighter and much easier to hold because of shape. Pelican says it will burn up to 32 hours on single charge so we will see. It is on now and will leave it on until it goes out.

Well it burned 12 hours before I charged it. It was at about half power. Pelican says up to 32 hours but I guess that is not being on constantly?

well, 1 hour would be up to 32 :wink:

It looks like this should be more than enough power to last a full week of vacation night diving without having to bring the charger pack. Not bad!

scubadobadoo:
The only thing is i already have two of the mini uk eLED lights and those are 2 watts and only 20 bucks each but not rechargeable. I love this pelican light but if I am going to spend 100 bucks on MORE lights, I would like a little more power. I guess that is why am still looking at the uk C8 eLED but this has crappy battery time at only 2-4 hrs so that means lugging an extra piece and charging every night. Hhmmm...

You might also want to check out the Princeton Tec Shockwave LED light. It got better reviews than the UK C8 eLED. It costs slightly more than the UK C8 eLED.

I also own UK lights both LED and non-LED.

scubadobadoo:
It looks like this should be more than enough power to last a full week of vacation night diving without having to bring the charger pack. Not bad!

It is really a nice rechargeable light!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom