Nitrox Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do Nitrox for $150.00 and unless I have a class of 4 or more, its not really worth it money wise.....but I do it all the same....after all, I'm in it for the fun factor ...:)

We do nitrox here for free , when you sign up for PADI elearning nitrox
on our web site. You complete the elearning, call for an appointment when you are ready, complete quick review and we get the hands on pratical done.

nv:
I have been diving for quite some time now and would like to get nitrox cert, but I would like to know why it costs so much and why there are dives required?

A few LDS' will add on the Nitrox for $100 if I am doing a separate specialty, but charge $250-$300 if I am not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My nitrox class is $100 if using a dive computer and there are no dives required. I usually go out on a dive with students (their choice of location, op, etc) to go through analyzing, planning, etc.

Where in Miami are you? I work down that way.

Here is an option, join the SB invasion to Roatan next month and you can take the NASE course for free.
BS aside I took the PADI course through a friend in Cozumel and it cost me the card cost. If I had not had access to a cheap PADI course I probably would have done the online NASE course as it seems a lot less expensive than the PADI, you might wish to check it out. Nitrox is not rocket science and other than a few basic concepts it is pretty simple. Like OW you drill and learn on cards and then use a computer.

When I did my nitrox course I did it as part of a 2-week dive trip to the red sea. I paid €100 for the course and got free nitrox for the remainder of my stay (which was 10 days, 30 tanks). This was technically without the dives thats not a requirement for the course, but I had already paid for the diving for the vacation so I just maximized the value by having the instructor, whos a marine biologist, to myself all day. "You wanna jump where the others jump or you wanna go somewhere better and alone?" yeah, tough choices..

All other things being equal, I'd look for a TDI class.
Seriously, please explain why. Thank you.

I plan to take the TDI Deco course/Adv nitrox, later this year. However I have a Padi enriched air course lined up.

nv:
A few LDS' will add on the Nitrox for $100 if I am doing a separate specialty, but charge $250-$300 if I am not.
If the course is a 'dry' class - no dives involved, $250-$300 is absurdly high. We charge $79 for a group Enriched Air Diver course, plus $22 for the manual. If it is a private class, the charge is $119 plus $22. The class is a 5 hour activity, and includes a dive planning session as well as hands-on practice in gas analysis.

The recreational version of TDI is SDI. Did my Nitrox with SDI. No dives required. I did online but then met with an instructor and we discussed a lot of stuff. But then he was also a tech instructor. As I recall is was like $100. We did table and computer. SDI course gave a nice pair of tables of MOD, EAN, and O2 exposure. I added a couple lines to it since I sometimes like to know what 1.2 and 1.3 are as well as 1.4 and 1.6. Tables cover all % from 21 to 50 in 1 percent increments. Handy tables. Worth buying even if you take the course from some one else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom