nitrox or air,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since I've only done a hundred or so, my nitrox costs have been about... 50$
My club offers free nitrox (up to 40%, that's what our mixer can give us). So no matter the number of dives, my nitrox costs will be zero. Until the club decides to change that policy, of course.

Which means I've basically standardized on 32%, with the occasional use of other mixes if that's appropriate for the given dive. Which isn't very likely, since my normal personal depth limit is ~30m, and on many of the sites it's nice to have the option to go to 30 even if I don't plan to venture below 25.

when doing a lot of diving, do you start the week off with nitrox and then switch to air, or stay with the same all week.
thanks sam.

Would you mind sharing your thought process? What are your thoughts on why someone might start the week off with nitrox and then switch to air? I think that would help focus the comments we're seeing here.

I always prefer NITROX (for both bottom time, and anti post dive fatigue), blend depending on PP tables. Plan your dive, dive your plan.

Nitrox all the time and whenever its available. I usually do 3+ dives per day so it only makes sense to get more bottom time and shorter SIT Times. Only reason I'd switch to air would be to go deeper on a wreck or pinnacle or something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom