Nitrox problem, is it normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For both of you posting (the two dive buddies), keep in mind, majority of the posts that start out like yours, end up being 2 complete n00bs, that are on a death wish trip that they don't even know they are on.

I'm a new diver myself (about 1 year) so I can see how it would seem like they are 'bashing' you, but they aren't. Profiles are the first thing people look for here.. that's why it's there. So when a profile isn't filled out, the next thing that is going to happen majority of the time is, a question is asked, never answered, so assumptions are made.

Nature of the beast. :D

Hi Super - welcome to SB

Like I said above, I checked his profile, and all I saw was :newbie:
Certification Agencies: NAUI, PADI
Certification Level: PADI Adventure Diver until may then will be NAUI Master Diver
Dive History: So far I have only been to Galveston and a few lakes here in Tx
Dive Classification: New To Diving
# of Logged Dives: 25 - 49
Years Certified: Less Than One Year

I see that you're "Experienced Diver"
Certification Agencies: NAUI
Certification History: NAUI Master Diver, Naui NItrox, as well as deep air training w/ Mixed gas
Certification Level: Naui Master Diver
Dive History: Maine, Bermuda, Bahamas, Aruba, Texas
Dive Classification: Experienced Diver
# of Logged Dives: 100 - 199

My question is have either of you had a Tech Inst take you to 165 ft before - real world diveing, not classroom or cyber diving - or was this a private adventure...?

Here's a question for you guys, being commercial divers, did you have to take recreational scuba classes? If so, what agency did you use and what classes have you taken?

I'm curious to know, not to bash you (I'm in no position to bash anyone), I'm just curious about the transition from commercial to recreational...

A question was asked before, what agency did you use for your deep cert?

I came on this board to get info about recreational diving and started this post based on a Nitrox dive I went on then thought I would continue with some more experience. I did not mean for it to spiral out of control like this. I do not count my time on a commercial dive toward my rec dives for the simple reason that I know they are different. That is why my profile is set the way it is. I only wish that some ppl would understand that Recreational tables are VERY conservative and not brow beat them into everybody elses heads. Once again to all that have been kind enough to share knowledge I thank them.

Honestly this isn't out of control... when you see a mod edit, then it's out of control :D

kalidor's8:
I came on this board to get info about recreational diving and started this post based on a Nitrox dive I went on then thought I would continue with some more experience. I did not mean for it to spiral out of control like this. I do not count my time on a commercial dive toward my rec dives for the simple reason that I know they are different. That is why my profile is set the way it is. I only wish that some ppl would understand that Recreational tables are VERY conservative and not brow beat them into everybody elses heads. Once again to all that have been kind enough to share knowledge I thank them.

frankc420:
Here's a question for you guys, being commercial divers, did you have to take recreational scuba classes? If so, what agency did you use and what classes have you taken?

I'm curious to know, not to bash you (I'm in no position to bash anyone), I'm just curious about the transition from commercial to recreational...

A question was asked before, what agency did you use for your deep cert?

I will answer for myself and not Super I am certified both with NAUI master diver and Nitrox and PADI OW, AOW, Deep and Wreck. And no PADI does not take you to 165 I am not sure when it was stated that I went to 165 to get my deep, just that I was trained. with PADI anything over 60' is considered deep. Our dives were not simulated in anyway as commercial divers either.

I was a NAUI Master Diver long before I decided to take diving to the Commercial level. I took My NAUI Basic diving as a PE credit in college and then upgraded over the years by Taking more classes with the same instructer and then becoming a Student Instructor to get more time.. and increase my knowledge by teaching. The Deep diver course material was included with my Advanced Open Water. But that will not be the case with every instructor, It is a seperate certification.

But yes.. any commercial dive school has to teach you basic SCUBA principles in oder for you to understand the basic physics behind diving.

DandyDon:
Hi Super - welcome to SB

Like I said above, I checked his profile, and all I saw was :newbie:

I see that you're "Experienced Diver"

My question is have either of you had a Tech Inst take you to 165 ft before - real world diveing, not classroom or cyber diving - or was this a private adventure...?

No.. i dont have an instructor at the moment... this was a "private adventure" as you would call. it.. the 3 dives prior to this were also at a depth to 110 or greater. However I have almost a dozen recreational dives to 90+.

Back
Top Bottom