Nitrox Spare Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why spend money on a Nitrox spareair !! that silly when the Trimix model is just around the corner :wink:

mike_s:
You guys should really create a new thread on this for WhalerKyle titled:

" I would really like to see a Spare-Air Tank Explode".

He might just shoot one for you. :)

Now that would be something see. I'm all for it

SOLD...

"I'll take eight of them please...and do you know where I can find someone to attach six more D-rings to my BC to hold them......................."

cancun mark:
Yeah, spare air was invented for navy pilots when they ditch in water. Not diving. I guess there is always someone who will believe a sales pitch.
Hmmm... I'm a Naval Aviator, active duty from '69-'91; never saw a spare air there.
Rick

Uncle Pug:
You didn't click on the link I included in my post did you. :D
Oooops, missed that one.
Must have been too small for my old eye. :D
This one is mostlikely for the bath tub diver. :wink:

miketsp:
I must be missing something - Why does "Mouthpiece on second stage suddenly coming off regulator" or "Air cut off due to tank valve not turned on all the way" cause an OOA situation?

The first one is quite wierd, I saw it happen to someone on a saefty stop, and he just bolted for the surface, at the time i thought it was pretty stupid. Then I had it happen to me whilst on the surface as I was swimming back to the boat. I still had the mouthpiece in my mouth and so I just sucked in a load of water without realising. Its actually more disconcerting than not being able to draw in any air through the second stage.

Not advocating that a spare air will be a good solution to the problem here

Im not advocating

So when they have the trimix Spare Air, and you're transfilling it after loading up on bean burritos at Taco Bell, are they going to have a quadmix sticker option?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom