Nitrox/Trimix blending Software - need testers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dc4bs,

I have seen a few glitches that you mentioned and looking into why they are doing it, namely the ##.##% of the gas, also I noted that the 'empty tank' sometimes yields 15% not 14.7%.

I also added some routines to calculate heliox as well. Another glitch I noted is you can input more than 100% of gas, will be correcting this one.

Thanks for all your help in this. One day I hope to have something robust and powerful that will be a big benefit to the scuba community.

Ed

dc4bs once bubbled...
OK,

My brain WAS seeing things backwords at 5 this morning... The MOD listings are correct.

One thing though, the MOD appears to be rounding the results up. EG: for depth 250, 16% o2, I get a MOD of 256 for PPo2 of 1.4 in the Mixer screen. The math works out to 255.75

Based on conservative principles, you may want to think about adding 'TRUNCATE (MOD formula)' into the code so it will always display the shallower (more conservative) value by default

What I did was change the format to #,##.## so you will see the decimal values.

For some reason, the newer version does not have the 'hypoxic' problem at 16% o2 and displays '0' as it should.

If you didn't change anything in the code there, I dunno what is different on the new one... I can email you a screen shot showing the odd numbers on the old one if you want it for some reason.

yes i did change the code, i forgot to format the output and ocassionaly it would give a very long decimal value.

The black on grey number displays look much better. There are 2 more entries to update though, FN2 and N2 on the left hand column are still the older grey on grey color scheme.

If you click on either 'best mix' button more than once, it recalculates the mix percentages and diplays as ##.##% instead of ##% for He and N2 under 'desired results'. Is that intentional?

these are both taken care of.

Nit picking, I know, but the 'Best Mix' buttons will sometimes give a final PPo2 greater than the number on the button... EG: 250 fsw and 'Best Mix' of 1.6 ends up with a final 'Nitrox/PPo2' of 1.63 Again, conservativism should be to force that it never goes over 1.6 but can fall a bit under it. Posibly more rounding going on somewhere?

----

Keep up the good work. 'Mixer' is looking quite good.

the inherent problem is rounding. if the number is greater than .5 it will round up, if it's less than .5 it will round down. what i need to do is to not include the decimal value in these cases. am looking at different ways to do this.

Ed

Here's how I force rounding up or down.

The results of this formula list a PPo2 for a given Depth in fsw at a given Fo2 in this format: #.##

I force the answer to round up to the next hundredth for conservatism:

TRUNC((((Depth/33)+1)*(Fo2/100))*100+0.999999)/100

Basicaly just run the formula as standard. Multiply by 100 to move the decimal 2 places to the right. add 0.99999 to force anythig greater than 0 to the right of the decimal to add 1 to the left of the decimal. Truncate anything 'left over' to the right of the decimal and then divide by 100 to move the decimal back 2 places to the left to get the final output.

The result is guaranteed to always round in the direction I want (just replace the + with a - to round down...) and it will never result in a long string of digits to the right of the decimal.

this seems to be coming along great, I just had my first look at it and i'm impressed
can't wait for that metric radio button to work though :wink:
i might be able to make more sense of it all then when i dont have to then convert everything i read into metric
hehe :)

nice job though, keep up the good work

im not a qualified gas blender yet so I wont comment on any of the formulas working or not working, it may proove a useful learning reference when i take the course later this year though! :)

Hello,

Some updates I did.

Various bug fixes,

Metric/imperial is now functional.

Impossible mix check and will display a message stating you are attempting to run an 'impossible mix'.

bank gas fills, i.e. add o2 then top with air, ean/32 or ean/36.

reset button, resets everything back to 'default' (will add a screen so the user can choose what defaults they wish)

auto selects the gas in the combo boxes. This is mostly a cosmetic change and a CYA thing, don't need users entering a trimix or nitrox blend and the combo box stuck on 'air'

Hope everyone likes it so far.

Ed

Nice work. Fun to play with. I found that the program does something odd when gas needs to be removed. Try the following...

- current tank: ean32, 1500 psi
- tank: single, 80cf, 3000 psi
- bank gas: air
- desired results: ean32

It recommends blowing off 3000 psi and adding 4500 psi of air. Somehow I think that's not the best way to get the desired result. Jusk kidding. Keep up the good work.

Hello,

Correct, there is a bug sometimes with the blow off value. I havnt' been able to track it down yet.

Ed

Hello,

Just to let everyone know I have updated my package and made some changes.

for the PC version: I rolled it into a self extracting/self installing file; to make things easier for those machines that is missing some critical files. I have been working on debugging and it's getting harder and harder to find bugs. The new link for the PC version is http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/software/blender/PC/blender-PC.exe

For the pocket PC version: I have most of it working, the only thing NOT working is the actual calculations and that will come next. I do not have some critical error checking yet so please dont' enter letters into the boxes, numbers only. I also rolled this into a self extracting/self installing file. The new link for the Pocket PC version is http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/software/blender/PPC/blender-PPC.exe

Next I will attempt a port to the palm pilot.

Ed

I like what I see so far. I tried changing the defaults, however, the next time I load the program, they are not retained.

I will play with some mixes after I do some other stuff. I am also seeing the blow off gas problems you mention earlier.

You are on the right track.:idea: :idea:

ScubaDadMiami,

correct. I have not decided which method to save the settings to the 'new default' (registry or ini file). Currently I am working on the palm version.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom