Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tested Nitrox The Following way
5 dives 30 feet for 40 min in the same lake, water average temp 13 degrees C using nitrox 32%O2
5 dives 30 feet for 40 min in the same lake, water average temp 13 degrees C using compressed air.

The same 7 mm suit was used
The diving gear was adapted to nitrox when diving with nitrox.

I feld much better after using 32%O2 nitrox gas than with compressed air!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this PERSONNAL AND SUBJECTIF TEST was made during last summer,1 or 2 random air or nitrox dives a week (only one a day, nitrox or air )

The best way to do this test is without knowing what gas you are breathing and then express your feelings(after the dive)
It also whould be interesting to measure doppler bubble formation when successif nitrox diving comparing to compressed air divind.
Dont worry this has already beeing done...

Nitrox surely reduces nitrogen OFF GASSING STRESS

There always has to be an end user test estimating the amount of O2 in the nitrox ( after each tank filling) usin an special nitrox analizer. It means you have to check it personnaly before diving.

All this above HAS NO SCIENTIFIC VALUE and is just a relating of my personnal experience to make up my mind about nitox diving

This was a long message...

Thanks

Fa

Trip report under "Empire Mica" in the travel section.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom