No-chumming shark diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love watching them. They are so graceful! I'm just fascinated by them, not just their feeding.

Everyone's different. I suspect I'm the boorish minority. Just thought I'd add my perspective. Happy shark-watching!

I've been to Freeport, Bahamas several times, diving with Fred and Melinda at Grand Bahama Scuba (Grand Bahamas Scuba - Meet Fred Riger) ; they do shark dives but do not feed/chum - the location is called Shark Junction (I think) and it's also used by other operators that do feed.
I've been there 5 or 6 times at least, and have had both daughters with me, and have yet to have a problem.

kevin L

Much obliged :]

*~ Adventurer for life ~*

I've been to Freeport, Bahamas several times, diving with Fred and Melinda at Grand Bahama Scuba (Grand Bahamas Scuba - Meet Fred Riger) ; they do shark dives but do not feed/chum - the location is called Shark Junction (I think) and it's also used by other operators that do feed.
I've been there 5 or 6 times at least, and have had both daughters with me, and have yet to have a problem.

kevin L

When I dove with Grand Bahama Scuba (Fred and Melinda), they opened a chum bucket. It was a typical "shark dive" as far as I could tell. This was around 2007, and I've only dived with them that one trip, so perhaps they have changed their practices.

---------- Post added January 9th, 2014 at 08:55 AM ----------

WHOOPS--wait a second. Before I potentially slander Grand Bahama Scuba, it just occurred to me that I also did a couple of dives with another outfit. It's possible that other outfit did the shark dive, not GBS. I really can't remember.

Off Ambergris Caye in Belize, you will see lots of Nurse Sharks. They hung around us every time we went down. Out at Turneffe Atoll, again in Belize, you can see Reef and Bull Sharks. They seemed to be less interested in us, then we were in them. Next month we are taking a liveaboard to the Socorro Islands. It is known for sharks, sharks and more sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom