No CLT flights for CZM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 8 people on AA in May. We all got pulled off the CLT flights, and got rerouted through DFW. Works for us, as we get to sleep an extra 2 hours.

Last weekend I was traveling back from San Andres via Miami and got stuck in the S Florida aviation collapse. Primarily AA at MIA but all airlines were affected. After sleeping Saturday night on a dirty floor at the Miami airport (no rooms or cars left) My wife and I were finally able to get a flight to Cozumel on Sunday and back to DFW Monday. When everything is working in Miami on a weekend it is still a mess with all the cruise ship and vacation travelers.
Aviation system crashes are happening at times. I was leaving on an early flight out of Lubbock once after the airport has been closed for weather the night before and saw several folks sleeping on cots that had been delivered. I wonder why that doesn't happen in large airports? Too much to do?

San Andres to Miami I can understand, but then to Cozumel before DFW. That's certainly a new one.

Aviation system crashes are happening at times. I was leaving on an early flight out of Lubbock once after the airport has been closed for weather the night before and saw several folks sleeping on cots that had been delivered. I wonder why that doesn't happen in large airports? Too much to do?

San Andres to Miami I can understand, but then to Cozumel before DFW. That's certainly a new one.
DFW prior to Covid had thousands of cots in store rooms specifically for this type of event. In Miami they used to have an auditorium with cots for this situation but, like most current failures in our society lately, I was told the airport no longer allowed it to be used out of Covid concerns. Better that thousands camped out on filthy carpets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom